Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2001, 07:16 PM   #1
Sharheim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anyone know if there are gonna be a Wizard and Warriors 2.. kinda feels like im gonna miss it when im done with it.
Sharheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 07:55 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The jury (D W Bradley) is still out on WW2, but he definitely would like to do another, according to an e-mail he sent one of our posting members here. However, if Wiz 8 comes out soon, that will be a very similar game and is promising a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 08:37 PM   #3
Sharheim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh.. yea..
Well Wizard and Warriors is the absolutely best single player game ive ever played are there any other games like Wizard and warriors?.. i mean fun ones..
Btw Wiz? whats that never heard of.

Old 09-02-2001, 09:32 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I apologize, Sharheim...I should have referred to it in the full name. It's Wizardry 8, part of the Wizardry series from Sir-Tech. Wizards & Warriors is based in a world that's EXTREMELY similar to the Wizardry world, mainly because D.W. Bradley was instrumental in creating the Wizardry world.

Anyway, Wizardry 8 is (allegedly) supposed to be released sometimes this year...latest reports has it as beginning of November. That would be pretty smart, to release it right before the holiday rush. The only thing they're waiting on right now is a publisher.

To follow up on more information, check out our Wizardry 8 board here at Ironworks. There's a drop-down box at the bottom of the forum page that you can jump over to it.

Cheers,
Sazerac

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 09-02-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 09:57 AM   #5
Sharheim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh thats cool..
Do the wizardry games have an official homepage?
Old 09-03-2001, 01:58 PM   #6
jsalsb
Elminster

http://www.wizardry8.com

But they haven't updated it in months (official word from Sir-Tech is that when the financial woes hit, the web team was among the first to go). Still, lots of great info on the game; screen shots, and a great looking teaser movie (25 megs or so).

Jon
jsalsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 02:03 PM   #7
Sharheim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just checked it out..
Was looking realy good untill i saw a screenshot of a spaceship or whatever..
Things like that doesnt belong in this kind of game.
Old 09-03-2001, 02:20 PM   #8
jsalsb
Elminster

The spaceship actually fits well, if you've played wizardry 6 and 7 (both by DWB, Wizards & Wariors' creator). At the end of Wiz 6, you learn that your quest is but part of a universal quest for domination by the "Dark Savant". At the end of that game you climb aboard a huge "metal bird" and are wisked away. Wiz 7 drops you on the planet of Lost Guardia, where once again you embroiled in the Dark Savant's drive to rule the universe; this time in a quest to find the "Astral Dominae", hidden on Guardia by Phoonzang, one of the fathers of creation from what I can glean.

But worry not! To date, the space aspect has featured in the story background, but not much in the actual play, which is for the most part your basic fantasy RPG. But it's also very intricate: several warring factions are competing for the same prize, both where you are, and universally. Which sides you choose determines how all the others will react to you, and what quest options will present themselves. Although wizardry 7 was graphically primitive by today's standards (released in 1992!), it was a very complex, sprawling game, requiring months of adventuring to complete (and multiple beginnings and endings!). Graphics aside, wiz 7 is the best game I've ever played; and I've never craved anything like I'm craving the release of wizardry 8.

Jon
Old 09-03-2001, 04:02 PM   #9
Sharheim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hehe you should try Asherons call... no single player game beats that.
Wizardry 7 is now on my buy list though

What im realy looking for is a bunch of single player games "preferable" Huge and fun ones. (and only rpg ofcourse)
Since i gave up Asherons call cause it took to much of my time..
And costed to much money, since we pay per minute for our online time where i live, i realy had no choice

So if im gonna recomend any game..
Try Asherons call - takes a few hours to get into it.. but ones you do you will have a hard time to get out of it

Old 09-03-2001, 04:42 PM   #10
jsalsb
Elminster

I'll certainly check out Acherons call. And, Wiz 7 should be available somewhere for free. I've received demo disks that have the full game on it (help files and all!). Sir-tech has apparently licensed it out for promotions. I bet it's on a website somewhere. It would be a relatively quick download, as the whole game fits on 5 zipped floppies (ah! the days of low-rez 2D graphics!).

Jon

[This message has been edited by jsalsb (edited 09-03-2001).]