Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which of the three final bosses was toughest?
Aribeth 8 50.00%
Morgrim 4 25.00%
Morag 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2002, 10:18 AM   #1
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Most people found the three main bosses in NWN way too easy, but there are also some who had more troubles with them.
So, in your opinion, which is the hardest to defeat, Aribeth, Morgrim, or Morag?
Also, which was the easiest?

The ending overall was also what disappointed most people. What do you think of it?
If you are one of those who found it very, very disappointing, how would you like the game to end? Please specify per post. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 05:47 PM   #2
Heartless Butterscotch
The Magister

Aribeth and her 300 attacks per round were overwhelming for my mage at first. Summoning a Balor and using Time Stop eventually did the trick though.

Maugrim was a stooge with poor AI. He and his cantrips fell in a few rounds.

The ending could have been more difficult. The Creator race seemed a little "behind the times" during melees. But a solid game overall.
Heartless Butterscotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 06:07 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Oh dear God, what have I done? It looks like I've written Morgrim instead of Maugrim. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sorry everybody, just ignore the error.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 09:17 PM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I found that fighting Aribeth was the harder fight. Not because I needed better tactics, but because the whole time I was fighting her, I was trying to redeem her. The first time I fought her, I accidentally killed her (took out too many criticals or something and she just dropped over dead, no 2nd talk). Maugrim was by far the easiest. As for Morag, well, she was "kind of" difficult the first time. Once I learned the cheezer method, it just wasn't worth it. Whenever I went through the same fight, I didn't use the cheezer method and it was still an easy fight. I also put in I was somewhat disappointed with the ending. After saving the multi-verse, you would figure they would have had some cool animations/etc. to showcase all the hard work and effort that we put into the game. Maybe it was a setup for an expansion later, but . . . Ah well, what can you do. Overall a good game though. I've gone back to Diablo II for awhile though. NWN started getting a bit boring.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:12 AM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Maugrim barely got a spell off.. and Aribeth wasn't much better. She started out with a load of protection spells. Bad move, for she was Badly Injured by the time she was prepared to go on the offense..

[ 12-26-2002, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 01:18 PM   #6
Tiela
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aribeth keeled right over for me. I think I hit her twice and she surrendered, then two or three more times to kill her. I was 20th level Paladin, using a +3 Greatsword. I tried to get Aribeth go back to Lord Nasher, but in spite of having a charisma of 24, I couldn't talk her into it. I read in a walkthru that it is possible, especially if you have her ring. I tried to talk her into going back about 7 times, then just killed her. There are only so many times I can stand to go through the same dialog sequence. I never had her ring, I don't think, possibly because I played a female character.

Maugrim was also a surprisingly easy battle. Tougher than Aribeth, but considering the grief he caused, I would have expected a bit tougher.

I had trouble with Morag at first because I didn't realize I had to kill one of the Protectors (Duh!). I killed the one ruling swords. I had to fight the end battle repeatedly, and it got frustrating, but only because I didn't want to lose my henchman (call me sentimental). If I hadn't cared about my henchman, I could have defeated Morag in about half the time. That battle felt about right to me. Tough enough to be challenging, but not tough enough to make me give up.

I was the only person who gave this game a "Good" rating for the ending? I'm surprised. I would have appreciated an ending that wrapped up with the NPCs (Nasher, Gend, my henchman going off to live happily ever after, etc.), but I was still satisfied with the ending. My only small complaint is that the ending seemed to be something of commercial for the next product. Still, I was content, maybe because I had just finished the game, which I had enjoyed.
Tiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 01:47 PM   #7
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Aribeth was the hardest imho - I'd grow attached to her and didn't want to hurt or fight her. Thats why it was hardest. Irronically enough - when I was replaying the game - my ranger and Aribeth both struck killing blows almost at the same time - mine was SLIGHTLY faster though - then she surrendered [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I think margrim was the easiest though. Morag was a pain, but easy after a couple of tries.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 02:09 PM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

My experience with a 20th Level Paladin was similar. Aribeth surrendered after two or three whacks. She never got a spell of any kind off. I rated Maugrim the toughest because I had to use two Heal potions, and with Morag, only one. EDIT: to add, I only found the ending "disappointing", but would have loved it if I could have redeemed Aribeth instead of leaving it up in the air. It wasn't as bad as TOB, though. But, then, what is?

[ 12-30-2002, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 12-31-2002, 08:51 PM   #9
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Well, if you can get Aribeth to go back to Nasher, there is a possibility that he will redeem her. I talked all doomsayer to Aribeth when she went back to the jail cell and SHE reminded me that Lord Nasher hadn't decided her fate. She said that he might still show leniency. Her only regret was that of failing my character. It was a pretty open ended game, so I guess you can make out if it what you want. I would have liked to see the ending crafted out rather than to just imagine it though. It would have seemed more of a victory than it was. Overall, the game was awesome though. There were some minor glitches, especially with the patches, but a great game overall.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:38 AM   #10
Grungi
Banned User

hardest fight for me was easily the morag one, aribeth took a few hits and died, maugrim was even easier, morag at least put up a fight and was the first time in the game i actually used those strength and speed potions to win a fight.
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote