Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 11:22 AM   #11
Debaser

quite a simple answer to this, really. "Debaser" is a kickass Pixies song.....and i though it just sounded like a badass IW screen name. Think about the meaning of it....to debase.....kind of a grimness to it

[This message has been edited by Debaser (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 11:26 AM   #12
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, I ran across this forum and it was night and I was tired, so I thought "hm... *yawn* what name could I use?" and eventually came up with Kaz. The next day I kicked myself, but now I wouldn't have anything else.

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-25-2001, 11:32 AM   #13
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Hiram is from the Book of Mormon
Sedai is from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series

Now for the nicknames I have that I didn't pick:

"Strudelhead" is from my neice, Victoria
"Dammit Mike" is from my ex-wife
"MichaelPaulElizabethStephan" is what my mom calls me when she is upset
"Roeaw" is what my cat Trotter calls me
"Rabe" is my nickname from the Army
"Smartass" is from my best friend's mom
"Dumbass" is from my best friend
"Mister Monkey Fingers" is from my girlfriend

I hope that gives a better idea of why I don't respond to nicknames.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-25-2001, 01:06 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I had been lurking and wanted to answer a post on the old BG2 board. Suddenly needed a nick to register. Began thinking.. wanted something pretty with a bit of mystery, thought of Storm (x-men) and that suddenly got me thinking weather.. and Cloudbringer sounded elfish.. so I just typed that in and voila! Cloudbringer was born.. now of course I started collecting new nicks about a week after I began posting so now I've got a couple bags of holding full of nicks.. all of which have some story or other person involved! HAHAHA!

Most memorable for me is the first one, Storm Queen. Memsy decided it fit.. you'd have to ask him why..*snicker* And my currently most often used nick is Cloudy, a gift from our Bard, Yorick. Mayhap it was raining that day or most likely he didn't feel like typing out Cloudbringer!

MultiCloud

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-25-2001, 03:09 PM   #15
Blade
Emerald Dragon

It was late at night if i remember correctly and i was reading a book from the sword of truth series and wasn't paying attention to what i was typing and hit enter. Now i'm to lazy to change it, and i have a cool sig. that fits it.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 10-25-2001, 04:10 PM   #16
Legolas the Elven Archer

My BG1 and BG2 character numero uno was named after the neato elf from Tolkien's work, and as I came to this forum looking for BG1 & 2 advice, I adopted my adopted name

Then I slowly got sucked deeper and deeper into GD...

Old 10-25-2001, 04:38 PM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Sazerac -> A cocktail created in New Orleans during the 19th century consisting of wormwood (Absinthe), bitters, and sugar. Later, when Absinthe was outlawed as an illegal narcotic, Anisette was substituted, along with whiskey. The original Sazerac bar still operates in New Orleans, and is also the namesake for a type of jazz that emerged during the 30's and 40's.

Why I chose this: First, I'm originally from Louisiana, and wanted a name that was unique to my home state. Also, I love that form of jazz music. Secondly, it's a great-sounding wizard or sorceror name, and one I've used for my characters (and NPC's when DM'ing) PnP games. It also carried over well to Wizardry, where characters were required to have names of 7 characters or less; hence, Sazerac fit very well.

Cheers,

------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 04:39 PM   #18
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Okay, This Is Probabaly Going To Sound Silly, (Silly Binky)But, I wated a fancy sounding name and I saw the Name Beaumanoir.... Guess Where... Go On Guess?? Thought About It???
Go On, Think!!!
Okay, Lets see how many got it right!!!
*Drumroll* I Saw It On A Wine Bottle!! Hehehe, Binky The Alkyholic!

------------------
The Clan HADB Cleric Of Sephiroth + Nutella

BINKY The Founding Member, Cheif Architect AND Official Chanter Of O.R.T

The Order Of Royal Toads

[This message has been edited by Beaumanoir (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 04:48 PM   #19
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Well, I ran across this forum and it was night and I was tired, so I thought "hm... *yawn* what name could I use?" and eventually came up with Kaz. The next day I kicked myself, but now I wouldn't have anything else.

hey, i think that Kaz is a cool name!

Oh, i suppose i should pick why i chose SSJ4Sephiroth even though i could pull an Azzy and just claim that i am too powerful to do this... oh well, i need to occupy the time! okay then, SSJ4Sephiroth began as my name at BGDungeon. and it began there as i was looking for a name of great power... Sephiroth. and to add to that great power, something from the other great love of my life at that time known as DBZ, SSJ4. SSJ4Sephiroth is a being of incredible power, so dont screw with me! not very imaginative though...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Shadow Dragon of the DotW
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-25-2001, 05:02 PM   #20
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
hey, i think that Kaz is a cool name!

Oh, i suppose i should pick why i chose SSJ4Sephiroth even though i could pull an Azzy and just claim that i am too powerful to do this... oh well, i need to occupy the time! okay then, SSJ4Sephiroth began as my name at BGDungeon. and it began there as i was looking for a name of great power... Sephiroth. and to add to that great power, something from the other great love of my life at that time known as DBZ, SSJ4. SSJ4Sephiroth is a being of incredible power, so dont screw with me! not very imaginative though...

I Never Really Liked DBZ, But Then Again, Ive Never Really Watched It, It Reminds Me Too Much Of Pokemon, I Mean, The Type Of Drawings... *Shudders* ...Pika...

------------------
The Clan HADB Cleric Of Sephiroth + Nutella

BINKY The Founding Member, Cheif Architect AND Official Chanter Of O.R.T

The Order Of Royal Toads