Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 01:12 PM   #71
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I think that I'm a good-enough judge of character to know when someone's using foul language in anger against someone and when it is being used as an expression by someone who does not have English as a first language but is trying to do the right thing. It's called reading the post in the spirit in which it was posted.

**appears to be really calm** yep, thats right

**scream behind the monitor**
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY Y!!!

that is the coolest thing I've ever heard from Genie!! HE ROCKS!!!!

Old 10-05-2001, 01:14 PM   #72
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

I agree - I thought it was a bit over the top... oh well.

Actually, I have to apologize - I kind of skimmed through it and missed the language directed at cffl early in the post. 250, you had an almost-perfect post - your heart is in the right place, but swearing at someone in anger spoiled it for you. I think you know which phrase I'm referring to, and I hope you'll do something about it, as your post doesn't need it.

------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 01:17 PM   #73
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Actually, I have to apologize - I kind of skimmed through it and missed the language directed at cffl early in the post. 250, you had an almost-perfect post - your heart is in the right place, but swearing at someone in anger spoiled it for you. I think you know which phrase I'm referring to, and I hope you'll do something about it, as your post doesn't need it.

hey! I am not swearing in anger... I have no feeling for that guy... just slaming truth on his face as hard as I could manage anger has no place in me this time...

I edited his name though if that is what you are refering to
Old 10-05-2001, 01:26 PM   #74
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Now he's gone *sniffs*, and he never called me mother.

I know he was a jerk but I am ashamed to admit that he gave me a few laughs as the afternoon wore on.

Ah well - that's it for this week - another day, another donut.
Donut, what would we do without your insightful posts!?

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-05-2001, 01:28 PM   #75
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Can I just take this opportunity to say goodbye. before Ziroc reappears.
, How did you know??

PS: for those that don't know, ccfl(From now on, I am calling him URLman)

URLman posted a new thread attacking mods and me, so I did indeed remove and ban him. Maybe in the future he will understand WHY I did it.. I think Gwhanos is a stand-up-guy for taking it well, and agreeing to not do it again. I was not trying to pick on him or URLman. At all.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-05-2001, 01:35 PM   #76
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

well, he lasted longer than i thought he would, just goes to prove Z is an old softy....soon to be even older....hehehe

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

Official Pin-Up Girl Evaluator/Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-05-2001, 01:42 PM   #77
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
well, he lasted longer than i thought he would, just goes to prove Z is an old softy....soon to be even older....hehehe

I would daresay Ziroc is one of the most even-tempered and most fair forum owners I have ever had the privilege of knowing. He's a lot more so than I am! (or would be should I ever have my own forum, Heavens forbid)

Cheers,

------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 01:43 PM   #78
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Teehee! URLMan just sounds soo silly Z man!

Aww too bad he is gone... he was a constant visitor of the ToB forums, and then he went all over the board... oh well, poor guy.. never thought he was 12 though...

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Old 10-05-2001, 01:43 PM   #79
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Can't keep away from this...
Gwahnos and CFFL, you guys screwed up, and Ziroc let you know nicely. You continued to screw up, and he let you know again. Gwahnos figured it out, but CFFL, your attack on Ziroc is way the hell over the line.
This site is maintained, operated, and funded by Ziroc. He puts in a lot of time and effort to keep this site open and accesible to us. He is, in effect, inviting us to into his home. The absolute least we can do is thank him for his effort and respect the guidelines he has set out.
Many people on this forum started out on the wrong foot, either with an inappropriate post, or flaming someone, or posting unsuitable material. Most of those folks are still here, and participating daily. This reflects solely on Ziroc's willingness to let people find their niche here and occasionally stumble in doing so, and the efforts of the moderators to help him in that.
This is an intentional community, and it will be what we make of it.
Thanks Absynthe, you said it perfectly! I am VERY easy going, and let a lot slide. Heck, I don't even censor cuss words because I respect and trust people to do the right thing. I give people many warnings, and 99% of them have become regulars here. If I was a "power freak" as URLman states, Ironworks forums would have died out years ago.

I just have to remember I can't please everyone all the time, and it's hard to have to ban people. I don't LIKE doing it at all. (Well, I did enjoy banning 'Killer')

Anyways, The Moderators and I must be doing something right. Look at us now--We have the BEST members in the world, we are like Family to each other, when something BIG happens in our lives, we think to come here and share it with others.. It's become more than some 'gaming' forum, it's a great place to meet new friends, talk, learn new things, share ideas, laugh, cry....

When the WTC Towers fell, and I lost it, the first thing I thought of was talking with you guys here, sharing my feelings and reading yours.. (I did call my Wife 1st though) .

Anyway, thanks again Absynthe!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-05-2001, 01:45 PM   #80
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by www.cffl.com:
So what you are saying, its ok if Har'oloth Spams but not me? Go to duchies unite and Scroll down to the aroun th 2 nd last one. he goes

*bump*
sorry just bumping!

Bumping is not spamming.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks