Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2000, 09:27 AM   #1
Dr.Q

Does anyone remember Planescape: Torment? Well, there is a sword from Dak'kon hidden somewhere
in BGII. I just ran into it through an item-viewer (shame on me!). Maybe this is an easter egg or something.
(note: the 'nameless one' was the player in planscape torment).

Greetings,

Dr.Q

Dak'kon's Zerth Blade +2
This sword was the weapon of choice of the famous githzerai Dak'kon.
Dak'kon was killed by a powerful entity while working for a creature known as the 'Nameless One'.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
+1 AC bonus
able to memorize one extra 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th level mage spell

THAC0: +2 bonus
Damage: 1D10 +2
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 2
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage

Old 12-24-2000, 10:43 AM   #2
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

ehm is you have the bonus cd's you can find Joluv in the Copper Cornet (?)
he sells P:T stuff including that katana

if you don't have the bonus cd's
http://www.geocities.com/skie7778/Files.html is where you can find the contens of the bonus cd's
Old 12-24-2000, 10:47 AM   #3
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

If you click here you will find the content of the BG2 bonus cd's]
Old 12-25-2000, 05:38 AM   #4
Dr.Q

Alright then... not so special after all i guess.

The thing i'm waiting for is an item editor so I can recreate some of the 3rd edition weapons.
( i play a 14th level minotaur in real (A)D&D with some funky weapons, like a huge spear, a bolas
and an oversized battleaxe).

Greetz,

Dr.Q

Old 12-25-2000, 06:14 AM   #5
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Hmmm. I must have my merchants mixed up. I thought that it was the Adventurer's Mart with Deidre that had the Planescape stuff. I'll have to say though, that the Planescape game itself was awesome. I liked how I could play the same character and still be able to be a thief/magic-user/fighter all the way throughout the game. I also learned the resurrection ability pretty early and was immortal. Since you couldn't die, no matter how hard a battle was, you could just get back up after you died and go finish them off. It was really great that they didn't have an experience cap either. Just recently started playing it again after getting a bit frustrated with BGII. It's truly awesome. I've already finished it once, but decided that I would try using different factions this time (Another difference to the BGII experience).
Old 12-25-2000, 06:23 AM   #6
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Thanks for the link rikard, Ive already downloaded the merchants. And youre right Tobbin, is the merchant in the Adventurer´s mart the one that sells P:T stuff, and the Copper Coronet one sells IWD stuff.

Old 12-25-2000, 07:46 AM   #7
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

sorry