Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2002, 10:57 AM   #1
Malystrom
Dungeon Master

I was just wondering what this game (Neverwinter Nights) is about? Should i buy it or just go for another game? Advice would be appreciated!

-Malystrom, [img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img]
Malystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 02:28 PM   #2
DraconisRex

Advice? Invest in high-grade junk bonds.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, it's a very good game usin Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition rules. It's not perfect, but then I have yet to find a perfect game...

If you like RPGs, like Morrowind or Fallout, you'll probably like this because it is really focused more on the individual, not the party. If you prefer RPGs that are party-based, such as Wizardry 8 or Balder's Gate, you might not like it as much, if at all.

If you like multiplayer, the game will really rock when more and more people make modules, campaigns, etc. that will allow you the joys of PnP DnD without the incredible record-keeping and quibbling with players.... grrrr...

There are other threads that deal with this subject.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:15 PM   #3
Exodus Entreri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by DraconisRex:
Advice? Invest in high-grade junk bonds.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, it's a very good game usin Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition rules. It's not perfect, but then I have yet to find a perfect game...

If you like RPGs, like Morrowind or Fallout, you'll probably like this because it is really focused more on the individual, not the party. If you prefer RPGs that are party-based, such as Wizardry 8 or Balder's Gate, you might not like it as much, if at all.

If you like multiplayer, the game will really rock when more and more people make modules, campaigns, etc. that will allow you the joys of PnP DnD without the incredible record-keeping and quibbling with players.... grrrr...

There are other threads that deal with this subject.
exactly what the intelligent drow said.....
buy this game, you will be impressed.
Perfection? Baldurs gate 2 - Throne of bhaal (the greastest game of all?)

[ 07-16-2002, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Exodus Entreri ]
Old 07-16-2002, 10:21 PM   #4
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

The game takes the best part of role playing and hack and slash games and combines them together for an interesting jaunt into a fantasy realm...

Good story line...Interesting action and characters... And the ability to play other modules, something that you do not find in many crpg's these days... The list of these games is very limited (NWN, Morrowind, and Dungeon Siege)

I would recommend the game to anyone for a wonderful experience...