Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 08:52 PM   #1
greybeard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I must be a a complete klutz in brain power

1) don't know how to climb a ladder, refering to windmill at start of game, sometimes i can go up if i'm perfectly centered, then can't climb down.

2) can't give the potion to that toad.

3) when i get in the crypt and go down the stairs there's a big room with a door at the other side that i can't get past (this is at the very beginning of the crypt), have managed to open the door with the help of the sphinx (must have been an accident that i managed that).

now when all r finished laughing at the ineptitude of this poor wretch (me), maybe a word or two of advice?
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 09:09 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, first of all...you are NOT a klutz.

It's VERY hard to go down ladders. Most people opt for the "splat" approach. I've pretty well mastered it, but I've played the game through 3 times. If it's any consolation, you don't really see ladders past Toad Village that much. To get down the bally things, though, look down slightly as you're approaching, and try to grab hold of it. If it's the ones in the Toad Village, back up over the ladders and look up as you start to fall; you should "catch" the ladder and maneuver yourself to the ground.

If the toad is running around, go into "Give" mode with the potion and try to slap him with it. If you can corner him, all the better. Just keep trying.

Look on the left wall in the darkened area. There's a lever there. I think all of us have been stumped by that at one time or another.

No laughing here! You're right on schedule.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 09:10 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

CLimbing up the ladder is just a matter of facing it square on, looking up a little and using the forward button.
There is no really good way to go down the ladders in this game (unfortunately) the most common method is fall and splat.

The "Use/Give" window has two options - make sure that you have choosen the GIVE option and use the arrows above and below the window to scroll through your items until you find the potion (or whatever you might want to give). The toad is not easy to catch Try to corner him against some trees if possible and have the person with the potion already to "give" so you don't need a lot of time to set that up.

Look for a lever on the wall in that big room in the crypt. Flip it and the dungeon will load.

Lots of folks have had these difficulties! You are in VERY good company!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 09:11 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yay, Saz!!! You beat me!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 09:51 PM   #5
greybeard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Suzerac, Wyvern, thanx much, not only for the great pointers, but for making me feel that i'm not a complete moron. now on to greater achievements with my heroes. thanx again.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 10:36 PM   #6
DrDave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't worry - it still took me four attempts to find a lever in Shurugeon Castle and then I had to look up a picture of the room on a run-through. I just couldn't see it!!!
DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 12:40 PM   #7
Throg
Dungeon Master

Greybeard, as soon as you can manage it, have your priest get the "Spirit Eye" spell (it's a level 2 spirit spell). It makes finding levers (and buttons and treasure) so much easier.

Throg

[This message has been edited by Throg (edited 03-07-2001).]
Throg is offline   Reply With Quote