Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 02:35 AM   #1
Erinaceus Europaeus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When was the Collectors Edition of Oblivion meant to be out? I havent heard any thing about it since before oblivion was released except that there was some sort of delay.
Thanks
Old 05-03-2006, 03:44 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Got my copy the day it was released

Got it from www.gameswarehouse.com.au
But I think they may be out of CE's
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I got the collectors Edition the day of release the
only game that had a problem with Collectors editions
being delayed is Guild Wars Factions and that comes
to stores tomarrow the 4th of may.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:56 PM   #4
djp1021

same here. got my CE of oblivion day it came out. was it really worth it tho? i thought it may have extras in it but it just had that map, that pocket race guide, and that "how they made it" extra cd. So why did we pay extra mulah?
Old 06-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #5
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Ima-yak:
same here. got my CE of oblivion day it came out. was it really worth it tho? i thought it may have extras in it but it just had that map, that pocket race guide, and that "how they made it" extra cd. So why did we pay extra mulah?
I'd like to know too. I broke down and got a new puter* ("I needed it for work anyway," she rationalized.) I'm getting ready to by Oblivion and I was really wondering if the CE is worth the extra cash.

*Thank goodness for Dell where you can pay the sucker off interest free.
InjaYew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #6
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It depends if you're a coin collecter or not. :shrugs: I haven't seen the standard packaging but i can tell you that the special packaging is a bit of a PITA. The sleaves that are supposed to hold the map and docs in place when you unfold the cover don't really do a good job. After mine ended up on the floor one too many times i chucked the play disc into an old plastic cover where it now lives permanently. ('cept when i play it of course!)
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:42 AM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

Is there a different map in the CE than in the standard version of the game? The standard version has a fairly uninformative paper map with only major cities, roads and rivers marked out.

I miss Morrowind's map...
Old 06-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #8
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I miss cloth maps
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #9
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
It depends if you're a coin collecter or not. :shrugs: I haven't seen the standard packaging but i can tell you that the special packaging is a bit of a PITA. The sleaves that are supposed to hold the map and docs in place when you unfold the cover don't really do a good job. After mine ended up on the floor one too many times i chucked the play disc into an old plastic cover where it now lives permanently. ('cept when i play it of course!)
I haven't been able to part with any of my old games, but sixty dollars is a large chunk of change. From what I've read here, I think I'll just get the regular old fifty dollar uncollectable one.
InjaYew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #10
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by InjaYew:
quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
I haven't been able to part with any of my old games, but sixty dollars is a large chunk of change. From what I've read here, I think I'll just get the regular old fifty dollar uncollectable one. [/QUOTE]Ah, but who's to say it's not collectable? I got SE for the coin (athough i'm not a collecter). In retrospect, standard would have been just fine.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote