Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2003, 08:34 PM   #1
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if anyone had any handy tips for taking on those blascted Yuan Ti in the rooms with the Eldathyn. I know to release the prisoners, but are there any other ideas? Please?

IMO memory fire and acid work well, but I am not sure....

Btw, this is a plain IWD game: No HoW. Does this make it easier?????

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai

[ 08-06-2003, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: moiraine sedai ]
Old 08-06-2003, 10:53 PM   #2
Sakuri23
Dungeon Master

Can you tell me how you go into the room when you try to fight them? This will help me to find out how I can help you..

Also, it might be easier to defeat the fake Eldathyn people by going up to the North-Western part of the map and letting the captives go. They will help you defeat the Yuan-ti. The only problem is that you have to do this in the beginning... If you can't do that now, try to get to them anyway, because they will watch over you while you sleep.

If you have the spell that goes against invisability (it is in Kuldahar), it will help you to defeat the human bad guys when they use the invisibility spells.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:13 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Can any of your party members summon? Summons can help out a lot to form a frontline while your party attack with ranged weapons. Failing that, you can also just outfit one party member to be the ultimate tank, slap a few long lasting buff-spells on him/her and use him/her to take all the heat.

For the early start before you attack them, you can also hold yourself up in the library, whack the two mages inside and fight through the doorway. See above about the ultimate tank again to block the door while you bombard outside with missiles and area-of-effect spells like Spike Growth or Fireball.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:27 PM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

moiraine,

Some basic info: What is your party composed of? What levels? What spells are available to your spellcaster(s)?

IIRC, I had fireball and another area effect spell (forget which) available. I arranged my party to the right of that obstacle (pool?) in the main area, to get the monsters out of that main door and bunched up, then toasted the whole lot with several area effects. To get the max benefit, you need to practice your area effect spells so that you can nail the entire enemy front line without getting any of your own guys: It is an easier skill to master than it sounds...

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote