Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2001, 09:11 AM   #11
EL_Skirvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

koss- is your thief wearing a ring of free action? I'm pretty sure that boots of speed will be disabled by it if you are.
EL_Skirvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 10:30 PM   #12
IKoss
Welcomed New User

I do, infact, have a belt with free-action magic.

It doesn't seem to have any effect with the boots of fox tho. They sorta "stack". I guess I'll try boots of speed without the belt tonight.

Thanks for the info

Koss
IKoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 05:43 PM   #13
vakiem
Welcomed New User

I myself have used the boots with the frost chicks cloak and a ring of free action. the trick is to go into the items screen with your game not paused. Then take the items off and put them back on ( I would put the cloak on first then the boots then the ring). Sometimes I would have to try once or twice but in the end they would all work.
You can tell by the AC rating accepting the items bonus.

p.s. I have not patched my game yet.

------------------
Va'Kiem The Dark
vakiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 07:46 PM   #14
Arwin Shadowsteel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've discovered one thing about the boots of speed and the ring of free action together. If you have both on at the beginning of the game session you get the disabled message. However if you take off both items, then put on the boots and after that put on the ring you will be able to run at increased speed and at the same time use your ring of free action. However, if you put the ring on first and then the boots you will get the disabled message. So it's really about in which order you put them on. So the boots first, then the ring if you want to have free action and still run fast at the same time. But I kinda suspect that it's not supposed to be like this. According to the item descriptions you shouldn't be able to run faster if you use ring of free action at the same time so they might fix this in a later patch, probably.

-Arwin Shadowsteel
Arwin Shadowsteel is offline   Reply With Quote