Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2002, 03:32 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

actually, im getting the hang of it now... even the bunny hopping... im still in balamor though... doing the quest of the mage guilds... and the blades..

here it is...

im a mage and im kinda confused with a couple of things

1) what in blazes do the soul gems do??
2) can you recharge scrolls or weapons with magic properties??
2.a) enchanting weapon or things is it possible? using the soul gems??
3) how can i be able to identify the other attributes of miscellaneous ingredients like the willow flower for example it gives some attribute but the rest is ?????????
4) spell making??
5) how can i increase my speechmaking all the time people get angry everytime i compliment them.. sigh... any ideas?

morrowind is huge.. sigh.. there are so many things here...

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 03:59 AM   #2
Karn Moil
Dungeon Master

Rite here goes......

1) Soul gems are used to capture and hold the souls of slain creatures that you have killed if the soul capture spell has been used on them. (This includes all creature except Humans, Orc's, Elves etc

2) The captured souls in the gems can also be used to re-charge enchanted Weapons or items, but scrolls cant be recharged, one time use only.

2a) Yes, soul gems are prodominently used for enchanting weapons/items with spells you have learned already, but you need your enchanting skill to be high to be successful. best to get an enchanter to do it if your Char Lvl is low, but can cost a lot.

3)To identify each ingredients proporties you alchemy skill needs to be high, each line of effects will be shown when you alchemy skill is high enough, you can raise this by, a) Making potions
b) Eating each ingredient

4)To make a spell you need to already know the spell/s you want to use and then u can make them with the same effect but covers a larger area or does more damage, or lasts longer. (Little tip, make spells which only do 1 damage and last for 1 sec, very cheap and not much Magic points used so you can use these to train in that skill) You can also combine 2 spells into one (eg Poison and recover health at the same time in one spell)

5) You can bribe them with Gold, this increases Speachcraft aswell, all the choices with these eg Taunt, bribe, admire etc will increase your Speacraft if you are successful.

It is huge, but so much fun.
Try downloading some small MOD's to make life more real, Im using Real effects 1.4 (which causes you to get hungrey and need to drink otherwise, silence and Burden starts to effect you) and a Bank mod where you can purchase a house in each of the large towns, for a price.
Karn Moil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 05:32 AM   #3
Grungi
Banned User

with speechcraft only use admire on people over 50 or so disposition and keep doing it , should go up when it hits 80 normally falls again and goes up and down alot, if it falls below 30 then save your game and keep reloading till you got it back up (its hard and costly to get nps with low disposition back up again)
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:18 PM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

thanks for the help guys [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote