Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2001, 10:28 AM   #1
Byronas

With the war between America and Afganistan, many innocent people will die and loose thier homes.
Who are the terrorists now?

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:35 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Not this debate again.
Im not a big fan of the U.S, their arrogant and B.L is right about many things.
In fact they killed alot more civies then B.L, but that doesnt mean they shoudnt defend themselves from him and neither gave anyone Bin Laden the right to fly in and kill all those inocent man & woman!
But the truth is, its not America or Bin Laden who are evil, its our intire species. From the beginning of time we have used religion as a way to beter ourselves and instead of bringing us closer toghether we just used it as an excuse to kill our fellow men! And if we would have been in the place of the U.S, woudnt we have abused our power for our own gain.
Why cant we all just get along?

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 10-19-2001).]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 10:40 AM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Byronas:
With the war between America and Afganistan, many innocent people will die and loose thier homes.

Still the same people. The terrorists who killed 6,000 innocents and the political leaders who thought terrorists were more important than their own civilian population.

Afganistan is one of the most impoverished nations in the world, it was before and is now. Yes there are homeless Afghans now, they are called refuges, and they were refuges before September 11.

Civilians being killed is always tragic, even more so when they are purposely targeted.

------------------

"The Martyr" (excerpt)

There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;
But the People in their weeping
Bare the iron hand:
Beware the People weeping
When they bare the iron hand.

--Herman Melville (written after the assasination of President Abraham Lincoln)

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-19-2001).]
Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 10:42 AM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Not this debate again.
Im not a big fan of the U.S, their arrogant and B.L is right about many things.
In fact they killed alot more civies then B.L, but that doesnt mean they shoudnt defend themselves from him and neither gave anyone Bin Laden the right to fly in and kill all those inocent man & woman!
But the truth is, its not America or Bin Laden who are evil, its our intire species. From the beginning of time we have used religion as a way to beter ourselves and instead of bringing us closer toghether we just used it as an excuse to kill our fellow men! And if we would have been in the place of the U.S, woudnt we have abused our power for our own gain.
Why cant we all just get along?

Because there are many who "strongly" disagree with what you posted!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 10:59 AM   #5
mitsos

Dreamer128, I don't believe that religion, in its true form, I mean Christianity, has brought any death. It's the way people manipulate and twist its truths that has caused so much pain and trouble.
The fact is that when people are born, the only taint in them is the sin of Adam and Eve. It's however the influence of society, the greed, the hatred that perverts and changes and alters their way of living, their conception of the relationships between other people etc.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:31 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Relgion itself its a wonderfull thing but we just use it as another excuse to kill one another. If there wasnt any religion whe'd find another excuse to blow each other to hell.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:32 AM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Relgion itself its a wonderfull thing but we just use it as another excuse to kill one another. If there wasnt any religion whe'd find another excuse to blow each other to hell.
The problem with the world today is that it's filled with people

------------------

"The Martyr" (excerpt)

There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;
But the People in their weeping
Bare the iron hand:
Beware the People weeping
When they bare the iron hand.

--Herman Melville (written after the assasination of President Abraham Lincoln)

" Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

Hebrews 11:1
Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 11:52 AM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

LOL, Yeah.
We should keep in mind that this planet isnt ours to exploit.
This world is not our property.

Old 10-19-2001, 01:12 PM   #9
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
The problem with the world today is that it's filled with people

Even though we're on the oposite end of the spectrum, I'm sure the two of us would get along just fine

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 01:17 PM   #10
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Byronas:

The problem with bombing Afghanistan is not that some of the civilians will die or loose their house. It's a question of national interest on our part. Personnaly, wouldn't be for the ripple effects, I would have no problem doing with the killing of civilians. The problem is not that civilians die, it's that for every of their civilian that dies, the ranks and support for terrorists increases in the Middle East. Thus, in the end, making it harder for us to actually win this war.

Who the terrorists are, that's easy, we all are... but we're the righteous one
------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 10-19-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote