Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2002, 06:37 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok, so as we English people do, I was drinking a cup of tea. Yes, I am 17, and I am sat at my computer at 11.30pm, drinking tea.

I am also eating chocolate digestives, and dipping them into my tea.

Problem:

I have around 1/3 of my tea left, and I have just hit my third and final digestive. I dip it in, but DISASTER, I release my grip on the chocolate goodness. It falls in, and seems to fit the bottom of the cup exactly. It is stuck. Under a third of tea. It's going to melt, and make a mess for the washer-upper tomorrow. It's also going to get my fingers dirty if I try to get it, and then I will have to walk to the sink before I can type. How did I solve this?

Answer:

I downed the last third of my tea, (I take it sweet, so mixed with the melting chocolate, this was heaven). I gaze into my cup, and the biscuit is chocolate side down. I push it, realising I will have to go to the sink after this little escapade. It is stuck. I decide to attack the biscuit, and break it into many little pieces. I then "sweep" my finger around the bottom, picking up the melted chocolate mush (), and eating it.

My hands are quite messy at this point, but a trip to the sink is out of the question. I lick as much as I can off, and then wipe the leftovers on my pants. They'll wash. Then I posted this.

What a dilemma!!!

Old 05-16-2002, 06:42 PM   #2
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Oooooh, Hob Nobs????? Sounds yummy!!
Old 05-16-2002, 06:44 PM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

No, they weren't Hob Nobs, but Chocolate Hob Nobs are the best think to dunk in tea.

They were Mcvities Chocolate Digestives.....ooooh, now I want some Hob-Nobs. Only thing is, they go down REALLY quickly,,,,there so morish!
Old 05-16-2002, 06:45 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

No, they weren't Hob Nobs, but Chocolate Hob Nobs are the best thing to dunk in tea IMPO!

They were Mcvities Chocolate Digestives.....ooooh, now I want some Hob-Nobs. Only thing is, they go down REALLY quickly,,,,there so morish!
Old 05-16-2002, 06:46 PM   #5
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Absolutely! Haven't found any American cookies I like as well, but I can find Hob Nobs in import shops.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:48 PM   #6
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

*fires up frontal lobe in anticipation of some fiendishly difficult logic puzzle

Oh, not quite what I expected....

My solution would be to wait until you are 18, and drink beer instead. I haven't tried it, but I imagion beer and biscuits aren't a great mix

BTW, 3 biscuit per cup of tea seems slightly excessive to me, especialy as they are chocy ones

*brain overheats and melts

EDIT - spelling (again)

[ 05-16-2002, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Staralfur ]
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 05-16-2002, 06:50 PM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

Nah, 3 biscuits is easy.

I'll burn it off 2morrow...I do enough excercise. And you can't beat tea. Specially not when ur on ur own and thirsty!!
Old 05-16-2002, 06:55 PM   #8
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Nah, 3 biscuits is easy.

I'll burn it off 2morrow...I do enough excercise. And you can't beat tea. Specially not when ur on ur own and thirsty!!
True, nothing beats a good cuppa when you need refreshing - hence my 1 pint tea mug
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 05-16-2002, 06:56 PM   #9
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Does he mean if you want more biccies you must have more tea??? Okay, I can work with that. And no, they would not go well with beer, 'cept maybe a dark one (sweets seem to go better with dark beer).
Old 05-16-2002, 07:00 PM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Staralfur:
True, nothing beats a good cuppa when you need refreshing - hence my 1 pint tea mug
I can only dream......