Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2001, 08:22 AM   #21
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Aerie FOREVER!!!!

The ONLY reason Jaheira is still in my party, is because of her summoning spells.

Mountain Bears and Fire Elementals rock!
Old 06-11-2001, 02:50 AM   #22
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Of if you DO swing the other way, mount'n bears and flaming elementals rock.
Old 06-11-2001, 03:48 AM   #23
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinslayer:
Just from looking at some of Link's replies in the other forums I can see that there may be a fetish for annoying wingless alvariels developing which needs medical attention before it becomes an obsession!

[This message has been edited by Kinslayer (edited 06-08-2001).]
Fetish??? ME????? You must be kidding!!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-11-2001, 12:07 PM   #24
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Aerie: good NPC as a "second string" MU/Cleric but as romance!?! C'mon now, I mean, AERIE??? She just witters on at the most inappropriate times. One minute you're knee deep in diced beholder, just whipping the mind flayer entrails of your boots and the next minute its "Oh, we have such tails among the aboreal...". Do you? Do you really? And that bloody music that goes with it! Personally I knock the prospect of any romance on the head ASAP.

And as for Jaheira... crimeny, Khalid is barely cold and she's coming on to me! How loyal is that?
OK, I admit, I do have some guilt issue's here as well. When I was playing BG1 Khalid did have some tendencies to go charging into room fulls of monsters armed only with his bare hands and no armour (the only way to keep Jaheira in the party on her own was to get Khalid killed).

Nope, of the romances give me Viconia any day of the week. You just can't beat drow elves...

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 06-12-2001, 12:53 AM   #25
Shangoman
Dungeon Master

Actually, you could have spared Khalid that yellow bellied pansy (... the better part of valor, as the bastard run away) in BG. Send him into a room you never plan on going into again by himself and send him packing. As long as he did not have that farewell conversion with you Jaheira never leaves. I just felt bad bumping him off. But after the first time he ran away from some god damn wolves, wolves damn it, wolves... He had to go.

As for BGII I still hold a bitter taste for Jaheira from BG. What the hell, was she on the rags for the whole game. B*tch, b*tch, b*tch was all she did. God I get enough b*tchy women in real life, give me something sweet in my fantasy life. Aerie is no replacement for Dynaheir or however you spell her name. She was a babe and augmented in all the right places not to mention she was a way better mage than any of spell spinners we have in BGII. Hell that whole dualing Immoen thing still pisses me off, but hey I learned to live with it. As for the romances in BGII I want the Dryad's Queen, hubba, hubba. That's what I'm talking about. Not some wingless, whinny circus hoe or some bitter, on the rebound, no sense of loyalty (when die I want my woman to mourn at least a couple hundred days), point earred, overbearing, sow. She gives good healing that's about it.
Old 06-12-2001, 02:50 AM   #26
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
ehmm... jaheira is pretty good though!

Well Actually I think she kinda
Ehm
Sucks
Just like minsc
if you really want a good priest get anomen
les annoying then jeheira (to me at least)
and better too

------------------

The Last Of the Red Fluffies

Member of the Ancients Club (@ age 16 )
High Magician of the Order of the Holy Flame

"Dream a Dreamers Dream And Know It Is But A Dream"

Old 06-12-2001, 08:21 AM   #27
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Minsc sucks !?!

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 06-12-2001, 09:26 AM   #28
Link
Jack Burton

RIKARD IS CRAZY!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-12-2001, 07:19 PM   #29
simonbarsinistar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have noticed a disturbing trend among the good and neutral females in this game.....All are whiners. What is this " good girls go to heaven but bad girls go where ever they want"? Personally I killed of Jaheria early on in 2 of the 3 games I completed in BG1. That "maybe we need better leadership" crap really pissed me off. All the good aligned male NPC's seem to have a sense of humor. Maybe the game designers are anti-feminists, why have harlots and strumpets??

And by the way I think Nailia Is the cutest because she looks like Drew Barrymoore.

Also whats with this ROMANCE feldercarb?? This is an adventure game not a romance novel!

------------------
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen,
for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in
beer.

- Dave Barry

[This message has been edited by simonbarsinistar (edited 06-12-2001).]