Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2002, 04:32 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero...erreurs_en.htm
[img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]

Somebody want to explain?
Old 03-01-2002, 05:15 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Weird, I just assume their to scale version of the boeing is wrong and its smaller than the pictures suggest. If it is accurate thats bloddy weird, the grass being covered with sand is the oddest though.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:45 PM   #3
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

what did they expect?that the jet would be sitting there in one piece?that jet disentegrated when it hit the pentagon.and let me tell you,that is one VERY well built structure.and it had just been renovated so that it could withstand a large truck bomb.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:50 PM   #4
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
what did they expect?that the jet would be sitting there in one piece?that jet disentegrated when it hit the pentagon.and let me tell you,that is one VERY well built structure.and it had just been renovated so that it could withstand a large truck bomb.

Khazad, IIRC, the Pentagon was built out of wood during World War II to save on resources. Therefore, it wouldnt withstand 100 tons of fast-moving metal. Also, there would be pieces of the plane- and in rather large chunks. In every plane crash in history, INCLUDING into mountains, there has been plane wreckage easily found.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:23 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Well, several eyewitnesses did see an airplane descending rapidly towards the Pentagon building, but I don't recall if anyone actually saw the plane hit the ground and skid into the building. Most likely there would have been a large fireball blown into the sky, but again I can't recall if anyone saw this.
On the other hand, radar images do track the plane almost to the point of the Pentagon on a vector which coincides with the angle of impact. A plane hitting the ground first would have much of its momentum absorbed by the ground and disintegrate the plane; many crashes have this effect.
On the other hand, isn't it fortunate that that section of the Pentagon just happened to be a section which was "mostly evacuated" that day because of "renovations"?

Unlike the Murrow building in Oklahoma City, I highly doubt a truck would be able to get close enough to the Pentagon in an attempt to detonate a bomb. The security, even that early in the morning, would be too strict.

The sand on the grass was probably to prevent any grass fires from starting, producing smoke, and limiting visibility. And I'm not even from any governmental press agency. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 03-02-2002, 03:45 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

The damage caused to the pentagon does not seem to be consistent with a large aircraft - and certainly not the 757 shown. If I was shown a photo of that damage and asked to guess what caused it, I would say a light aircraft like a cessna or a ground vehicle. Possibly a suitcase bomb. But no way would a 757 cause that little damage - unless it struck some distance from the structure and the damage was cause by the explosion and chunks of debris.

Of course theres nothing I can see that the american military would want to cover up. I can think of plenty of hypothetical reasons, but none of them make a whole lot of sense.
Old 03-02-2002, 03:49 PM   #7
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:

Uh... I know there would be an explosion, but a plane wouldn't just disintegrate, there would be a huge amount of pieces of debris metal, and exactly how did they renovate it to withstand a truck bomb?
Old 03-02-2002, 06:36 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:

Uh... I know there would be an explosion, but a plane wouldn't just disintegrate, there would be a huge amount of pieces of debris metal, and exactly how did they renovate it to withstand a truck bomb?

Which is another point - look at any crash and the tail section is virtualy always recognizable. In most cases the cockpit is too, but that would be unlikly in this case. Anyway, thoses planes are extremly tough - something should have been visible, especialy with so little penetration into the pentagon itself.

And werent they in the process of renovating it? In which case the structure would be at its most vulnerable.
Old 03-02-2002, 08:03 PM   #9
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

the exterior walls absorbed the impact of the aircraft,they are made of brick,stone,and concrete.and now they have shatter proof windows and kevlar sheathing.the thing is not a mobile home.it's tough.
Old 03-02-2002, 08:09 PM   #10
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
the exterior walls absorbed the impact of the aircraft,they are made of brick,stone,and concrete.and now they have shatter proof windows and kevlar sheathing.the thing is not a mobile home.it's tough.

Well it was weak enough to get that damaged by something a lot smaller than a Boeing.. really, how can you expect all the bits of the plane to just be blasted beyond recognition, there would be huge chunks of metal and such.