Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2001, 10:30 PM   #51
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: *Rushes over and shakes him violently* ~ *"If you want to be beaten up, let me do it for you!!!"* ~ *Knocks him stone-cold*...just joking, btw...

Seriously - I think I was mistaken that your adventure is intended to be a short one. If it can drag longer than this week, by all means we shall have our fun...*rubs hands gleefully*... let me see if I can find more ways of torturing your mind further at my end, too... *evil

EDIT: Yes, pls go ahead with the adventure. But as I said, sorry that I'll be leaving in about 40 mins' time.)

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 10:36 PM   #52
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...I edited my post on the previous page a bit. I just wanted to make sure you read it (Larry smirks...) You brute you...
Old 10-30-2001, 10:37 PM   #53
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...I do not know if now is such a good time...
with a crazy wood-elf after me and all...
you know?
Yet if you insist...

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 10:40 PM   #54
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephi stood there in the dark room, surrounded by members of a mercenary party that he had once had the misfortune of meeting. Once was too often for him. Two battle mages flanked him, and three warriors were in a triangle around him, blocking off his escape options. Finally, the leader of the group appeared, stepping into the protective area that his men provided. What have i gotten myself in to now?
Well well well, what have we here? Has the little loner finally found his way back to us? Or will he try to eliminate us fully this time, and in pure daylight. How brash!
Captain Dennis, I presume. I'm quite surprised you're still head of this pathetic group of worms, seeing as how you were taken off guard so easily last time. Tell me, what does it feel like to have something you love destroyed?
Oh, I hardly loved any of those people you killed. They were just new recruits, and then just barely. My company is still strong, and your life force is about to take an opposite course!
Captain Dennis clapped his hands, the signal for the mages to begin their castings and for the fighters to approach.
But Sephi caught a single ray of light coming in through the door, and quickly pulled out the strange mirror he found on the mercenary earlier.

[This message has been edited by SSJ4Sephiroth (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 10:41 PM   #55
mistral4543

(ooc: I don't mind delaying it till tomorrow. So do you want to log off for tonight, or shall the couple go out and sniff daisies for the next half hour or so? )
Old 10-30-2001, 10:44 PM   #56
mistral4543

(ooc: Sephi, hope I don't sound picky here... erm, I'm having difficulty reading your posts. Could you choose a lighter font or something? Just a suggestions... )
Old 10-30-2001, 10:46 PM   #57
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
(ooc: I don't mind delaying it till tomorrow. So do you want to log off for tonight, or shall the couple go out and sniff daisies for the next half hour or so? )
ooc...Actually...
oh nevermind...Here...I am starting my plot...I will post for as long as I can take it, then you can jump in if you like. It will also give Neb and Kaz something to do tommorow when nobody else is around. And it is not something that Spree or Maverick will even want a part of......you'll see in a bit...And if it is still running when Deiter comes in...he will want to jump in. If you want an extended play...I will have it running tommorrow night.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 10:50 PM   #58
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
(ooc: Sephi, hope I don't sound picky here... erm, I'm having difficulty reading your posts. Could you choose a lighter font or something? Just a suggestions... )
ooc: ack, okay, i'll lighten up a tad... on the black at least, unless its all my posts your having trouble reading... the black is just temporary anyway, can easily be changed to something else. (why is it so hard to read those anyways? ah well, momma always said that i had good eyes...)
Old 10-30-2001, 11:02 PM   #59
mistral4543

ooc: Sephi - Yes, just the black will do. I don't want to miss all that interesting interaction going on
Old 10-30-2001, 11:21 PM   #60
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry got up from the table and made his way toward the door to get some fresh air. The season was that of cool mornings and fresh afternoons. The atmospheric change instantly began unclouding his mind so that he could think more clearly. Why was he given the blade he now carries, only to have it stripped from him so soon? Why did this elf feel that he should own the blade, just because it belonged to some dead mentor of his? Maybe Larry would not have any questions answered until Spree decided to speak up. Maverick was too irrational to reason with. And as he wondered about Maverick's attitude, he could not stop to wonder at the resemblance he had with Spree. Two elves that had not a trace of Gold elf in them, but had the pride and arrogance to put any Gold to shame. Wood elves were always more passive in their dealings.
Larry realized at length that no matter what color a person is...that person can always be different from the steriotypical pattern of his/her kind. Look at the famous Drizzt...A Drow that wants to live in the sunlight and do good for others.
This life certainly had its surprises...

No sooner had the word passed his mind, that a surprise had just began.
The building across the street was an Inn, a little more costly and finer than the one Larry and his companions now stayed in. At that moment, the building was in a flaming havoc. People were screaming and trying to run from the fire. The streets were a buzz of activity. The people inside the tavern Larry was now in began to run around, trying to flee from a possible threat to themselves. Looking back over his shoulder to see if he could spot his companions, he could not see any of them, for the hussle of activity within.

Turning around again to survey the deathly flames licking at the building, Larry spotted a lady, crying in the streets, being held back by two men from obviously trying to enter the burning wreck. Deciding to see what was the matter, Larry ran up to the three people, only to hear the lady's screams of histerical fit. The man holding the lady was having a tough time in holding her down. The other looked at Larry and yelled..."Sir! My sister's little girl is in there! She may be the only one left in the building! You appear to be of the heroic type...DO SOMETHING!!! PLEASE!!

Larry looked back around to see if anyone of his friends had seen. He could not find them in the crowd. What he did see, bothered him. A robed figure, standing in the shadows, watching the destruction with happiness. Behind him, two more shadows lurked. Without any more thought, Larry burst into a sprint toward the door of the Inn. He was determined to find that little girl. Then he would track down these suspects. Running through the door, Larry disappeared from sight.
Back in the tavern...Mistral had been able to push her way to the door just in time to see Larry dart into the burning hell. Instantly her hand went down to her finger where she had on a ring of fire resistance. Larry had given it back to her, a little too soon, it appeared.