Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2003, 10:16 AM   #1
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

Hi,
here is the problem on the last seal in WK I'm meeting the following group:
The huntress - this 'thing' regenarets fast and shoots so well ...
Ameralis Zauviir - druid or cleric - makes the things heavier - drow
Xei Win Toh - some fighter - prety good - each time hits - how is this possible ?
Hive Mother - the most serous [img]smile.gif[/img] beholder i ever met - 50 000 XP
Y'tossi - something like Naga - died from desintegrate - casts some spells
Nalmissra - level drainer - must die fast or will cause lots of trouble
Each one gives 20000+ XP

Here is my party:
Keldorn inquisitor lvl 20
Imoen Mage/tief lvl 16/7
Aerie Cleric/Mage lvl 16/14
Jaheira fighter/druid lvl 15/14
Minsc ranger lvl 20
Me sorcerer lvl 20

We met 5 times - the last time I beat them, but Aerie is permanently dead.

Any tactics about how to beat them without loosing anyone - they all regenerate and they are using wish and high lvl abilities.
Merlin from Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 10:27 AM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

hi there merlin.

They are quite good arent they

I see you have a few theives and mages, so I'd suggest you start by covering their spawn points with skull traps and regular traps.

Rest. Repeat. Rest Repeat.

Use project image to summon as many skeleton warriors as you can. Place these near some of the baddies without skull traps on.

Equip Keldon with the cloak of mirroring, stand him next to the hive mother. She should be as good as dead.

Nalmissra is best taken on witha cleric. Negative energy protection should nullify the level drain/bolt of glory.

Give one of your fighters Celestial Fury/FoA. Improved haste him before the fight and have him stand next to Xei Win Toh's spawn point. One less to worry about.

The huntress is easily beaten down with a fighter or summons, make sure there is at least one summons next to her at the fight to force her into hand to hand... you do not want her poisoning half of your part. It may be an idea to tank up Aerie with FoA and boost spells to take her on. Regen/armour/mirror image/stoneskin/improved haste/strength and others.

Well, thats my 2penneth worth
Old 04-12-2003, 11:12 AM   #3
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

Hm the idea with the traps is good. I used it before for killing liches before they aven start thinking their first spell. Thank you for reminding it to me. The Xei Win Toh (pretty good fighter) and Ameralis Zauviirr are off the battle (not dead just a comet) after the first time stop - also The huntress (she just love to shoot my mages) suddenly lows its magic resistance [img]smile.gif[/img] with 90%. But then the beholder and the naga remain and this snake kills my planetar (symbol death and symbol fear do not work even placed before this 'party' shows up). Meanwhile Imoen does her Mantle and spellshields removal because thr group comes with very good protections. Aerie warding wips the beholder who (or may be the snake) raises lots of skeletons at once - the she tries Deth spell to remove the skeletons, but they surround her and... After this the group of 8 skeletons, Xei Win Toh and Y'tossi targeted my sourcerer, but meanwhile Imoen : desintegrate Y'tossi and Me Finger of death Xei Win Toh. Once the snake is death nobody can see my sorcerer SotM - the death spell removed the 8 skeletons. The rest is not interesting - but the beholder died last. After this battle I tried Wish several times, but the needed wish is not in the menu (WIS 16)...
Old 04-12-2003, 05:02 PM   #4
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

The wish spell is sort of on an event/timer effect. If you cast the spell off a reload, you get the same choices every time. Therefore, you need to 1) wait a few mins or 2) cast another spell/attack someeone...

I also found killing off most of the bad guys quickly, then running upto the top area and locking the doors was pretty useful... at least it gives the group a chance to rest unmolested.

Old 04-14-2003, 01:29 AM   #5
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

The following happened: the hive mother and Toh were inprisoned until the other four were fighting. Without these two they become easy. After the rest I freedom the Hive Mother and Toh and the battle ended hapily.

Now all is sealed. But I tried fighting with 'the prisoner' - any ... aaa tips ?
Or what will happen when the bell rings ?
Old 04-14-2003, 06:49 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

By far, the single most useful tip for taking out the Heart crew (so called because it's the Heart key that releases them) is this: Attack from the right. That's it. Both of their Tanks are on the left--the Marilith is temporarily immune to all weapons, and the Elder Orb is loaded with spell protections, Stoneskin, etc. But take a look at their right flank: An Archer (can't wear heavy armor), a Druid (can't wear heavy armor), and a Kensai (can't wear any armor at all). PLOW THOSE SUCKERS!

Normally I would object to trapping spawn points, but if you've turned one of the keys and a bunch of guys popped out for a big fight, it's easy enough to predict that the same thing will happen when you turn the second and third keys, too. The 6 enemies have a lot of Magic Resistance and immunities (to discourage the same old Time Stop deal), so play around with some other high-level tactics, such as Improved Haste->Time Trap->Assassination.

Since they never miss their shot, even through three feet of armor plating, Archers can be a real pain.....unless you've got Physical Mirror or the Shield of Reflection.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:06 AM   #7
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

Thanks for the idea. I'm wondering if I can release all of them - mean turn the three keys at once ? Hm... this was the WK while I played SoA. Now I'm in ToB (Irenicus die last Sunday) and again there is WK available. As it seems my party will become extremly dangerous. My sorcerer already goes alone and 'clears' the map. Now I have to face Naga-Sura (not sure about the name - powerful baalspawn) and I'm already lvl 22. My point is that from a simple city and some sewers and some castle I rise from lvl 20 to lvl 22 and some of my party members too...
Old 04-15-2003, 06:53 AM   #8
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:

Since they never miss their shot, even through three feet of armor plating, Archers can be a real pain.....unless you've got Physical Mirror or the Shield of Reflection.
The Archer in question can't hit you (PC player) if you have completed SOA in a "good" way.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:07 AM   #9
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] BTW, ToB yields much more exp than SoA. For a bare, dumb and lame fighter (barracks or sewers, dont remeber where) you get something like 10000 xp [img]smile.gif[/img] Sweet...