Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2000, 09:01 AM   #21
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I like humour so definitely Minsc and Jan. I love how Jan has to push everyones buttons. Also great when Minsc is using a weapon that is ineffective 'I think I need a bigger sword'. As said, the spectator Beholder is a classic as well. Anyone else talk him into giving you the tooth. I'm glad I didn't have to kill him. Hey and don't forget lilarcor the sword. 'I want to kill a dragon. Right now. I want to find a dragon and kill it. That would be so cool.' I agree with BaatoRyan, Edwin is funny but he's too insulting to have around. Makes me want to kill him.
Old 12-25-2000, 08:45 AM   #22
Jon the Hell Caster

I like the Spectator Beholder. He guarded a chest for 50 years and the chest just had a tooth!

Old 12-25-2000, 09:34 AM   #23
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Spectator rocked. Easily the coolest character. An easy going, no worries, she'll be right mate, law? what law? kind of attitude. He must be Australian right?

I liked the Mage from the underdark who crosses the plains after you free him. He had the same voice as Maevar. Pretty cool attitude. "So much beauty on the other side" or something like that.

I liked Mazzy too. A lot of spunk for a little woman. Loyal as anything - once she hit the exp cap she wouldn't leave your party. That's right, no choice on your part. Also her portrait was stunning! Very attractive.

I agree about Aerie. I liked the vulnerable sensitive side. Reminded me a little bit of my ex-wife who also has long blonde hair - but not miss-shapen eyes! What's the deal there? One eye slopes up!

I thought the voice and phrasing of the Avatar of Amaunator was interesting. I'd always let each wav.file play through entirely whenever he spoke.

And I also like some of the mages in the asylum. The girl: "All around! All around". The Bard: "Aah moi prettys" Dradeel: "Bad doggie" and Wanev who "speaks to no one, no one speaks to Wanev". (I know, I'm paraphrasing). What a shame they all cark it after riding you through. I played a game where I did nothing in that particular battle and THEY knocked 'you know who' off without me.
Old 12-26-2000, 09:49 AM   #24
Moiraine
Anubis

I like Valygar, the mysterious and melancholic guy with a bass voice (I love those !). He remembers me of Athos in "The three Musketeers" (I hade to consult a dictionary for this one !)

I also like Haer Dalis, the flowery singer, er, ahem, I mean Bard. Though you have to be highly careful with these cute guys with long hair and a knack with words ...

I do not like Cernd at all. He was a coward in his own personal life.

And I like Minsc ! He is always enthusiastic and joyful. He does not ponder a lot, so what ? He seems to enjoy life a great deal. He always cheers me up with his comments (Minsc plus the talking sword is really something !). Once, Aerie asked him why he always obeyed to me, and his answer was : "He asks. I fight.". I really like this guy !

Then, I am only in Chapter 4, so there are some that I have not met yet. There is always something interesting behind the nest turn in the road ...
Old 12-26-2000, 11:31 AM   #25
Balrog

I do think the same as quite a number of you, Irenicus is a great character. Scary and as bad as Saravok. He is definatly David Warner. Quite a lot of movies to his credit. Let's see.........Titanic, Tron, I can't remember if he's in the line up for Lord of The Rings, Sci-Fi channels "Lost World, lots of 60's-70's movies. I have as yet to fight him. I'm stuck on the Rogue-stone room, GRRRRRRRRR. I really want that Staff of the Magi Dammit!!

Old 12-26-2000, 05:11 PM   #26
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Balrog, hope this helps, here is a good tactic (I think) to do the room:

Keep all your party in the stairs, as back as you can, while with your character you go and have the small conversation with the liche. Then run back, and cast with your mage(s) breach, pierce magic and these things while your fighters beat him. With luck, the others wont see you so when you finish killing him you can save. Then go slowly to the room and take the vampire back so you can kill him. Then your next objective should be the other female mage (she is a lich ??) then the beholder and last the stupid thief. The last 3 (mage, beholder and thhief) could be taken at the time, cause when i did it the mage hadnt any protections and could be killed with magic if done quickly, while your fighters attack the beholder. Oh, and as you guess, dont cast from flesh to stone, disintegrate or such things on the mage cause you will lose the staff (and DAMN, that would be a really SUCKING thing thing to do )

LUCK !!! (sure you will need it)

Old 12-26-2000, 06:44 PM   #27
Dinin

It has got to be Minsc. Besides the fact that he kicked butt, his dialogue was hilarious