Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2002, 02:49 PM   #1
Twin Tattoo
Welcomed New User

First, I enjoyed the original IceWind Dale. I recommend it to anyone willing to listen and it is one of my three most favorite games. ["The Longest Journey" and "Masters of Orion 2" being the other two.] However...

I know I very likely will not play IWD2 a second time through. I didn't with the original IceWind Dale and don't normally in any game with a real plotline. Now I've seen in Configuration that you can click on "Heart of Fury" and that it is only recommended for parties where everyone in it is at least 15th level. This is meant for you to import your adventuring party that you won the game with so you can play it over with them once again. And they're not lying. I clicked it on and start up a regular game ... entertaining dreams of mega XP ... and one goblin wiped out my entire party and only got "Barely Hurt". However...

I'd really like to run a high-level adventuring group from the start and not know what's around the next corner. I enjoyed playing a low-level one in the original IceWind Dale, but now I'd like to play a high-level one. So...

Does anyone know of a editor for IWD2 that would enable me to level all my characters to 15th (the recommended minimum level to play Heart of Fury)?
Twin Tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 04:44 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

It seems that it takes a month or two for a game to be out publically before anyone attempts to create an editor for it.

Since the game is not even a week old, I think you will be waiting at least a few weeks for any good editors.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 11:52 AM   #3
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

You don't even need an editor if your goal is just to raise your level. Run the configuration program and enable the cheat console. This won't be accessable through the desktop icon; use the start button, program files, etc.
next, do the Ctrl+Tab thing to open the console. Type "CtrlAltDelete:SetCurrentXP(105001)" while you have all your characters selected, hit enter twice, and there you go. You'll level up and add your ability scores and skill points and everything. You'll be low on gold and equipment, but the cheat codes can fix that for you too if you choose to use them.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:50 PM   #4
zhiyung
Welcomed New User

If you want to raise stats, a simple hex editor will do the job.
zhiyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 04:24 AM   #5
Twin Tattoo
Welcomed New User

Thanks all. In asking on numerous IWD2 forums, I was able to get the info how to "cheat" to be able to play a high-level adventuring group. It's been lots of fun doing so. No cake walk, but not impossible either.
Twin Tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote