Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2002, 01:20 PM   #31
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
No, I really had no resistance whatsoever. Still don't. I saw everything that I ever wanted, so I said...well, maybe I'll tell that story later.
oooooooooooohh! a story [img]smile.gif[/img] *sits down at your feet* tell us the story? If Galadria doesn't mind that is.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mojo:
I have wanted something so bad I couldn't sleep...sometimes it still happens... I'm not gonna say anymore because it will incriminate me and Evil Al, being the molten lump of pure Evil that he is, will be sure to make sure it's used against me...

Suffice it to say I mean a girl, and so far I've resisted
Wow... [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] will power.

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Hmm... when i was a child? Christmas? does that count? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
only if you wanted it badly enough
Old 09-03-2002, 01:27 PM   #32
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
No, i always give in.
[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] well at least you don't waste effort [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Ummm I would think that if I were Married to the Lady Galadria I wouldnt sleep much at all ok ok...sorry but someone had to take the shot [img]smile.gif[/img] You are a very lucky man dude!
[img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] naughty magiK [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] heehee sorry, just felt like doing that
Old 09-03-2002, 01:41 PM   #33
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
When I learned to be happy with what I had and realize that everything I needed would be provided me, coveting anything went out the window.

I used to really hate people who had a lot of nice things...now I have a lot of even nicer things and most of them were given to me.

As far as the opposite sex goes...there's only one man in the world who could have kept me from sleeping at night (and thinking of him did for years to be honest) but I had enough of him to know eventually that I had done my part for the sake of karma and if and when we meet in another life, I hope he has grown (spiritually) because I'd love to spend eternity with him. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'll always miss him but I'll never lose sleep over the possibilities...all things happen in their own time.
Wow. You have such a great attitude to life Moni, thank you for sharing with us. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
I can resist everything except temptation.
-Oscar Wilde

Truth is, I'm actually pretty good at restraining myself. If what I want is obtainable without hurt to anyone, I will do everything I can to obtain it, if not, I accept that I can't have it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
what if whatever you do you hurt someone?
Old 09-03-2002, 01:51 PM   #34
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
I've got to agree with Mel on this one.
A vital lesson to learn is that the world does not revolve around you. Keep humble and accept that some things are not for you, no matter how much you think you might want them. Do what is best for the greatest amount of people as a primary motivator, once the greater good is looked after then you can look to your own desires.
Besides, once we get what we want, we tend not to want it so much anymore.
It's true one is only a cog in the larger scheme of things, but when one is only concerned at the time with one's own little world then the world as one sees it does revolve around oneself. (heehee enough ones in there? )

For the greater good of everyone? What if what everyone wants clashes with everyone else's desires?

I agree with you and Mel when it comes to things that involve a large amount of people. But when it concerns only 3 or 4 people and the issues involved do not cause ripples beyond, is there a greater good?

[img]smile.gif[/img] and I'd like to know. This is a really good moral code to live by, but how many would be able to sacrifice and sacrifice and sacrifice for the greater good? (Dying quickly doesn't count as I've always considered that the cheats way out).
Old 09-03-2002, 02:02 PM   #35
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

Ummm excuse me but I beg to differ on that point. I mean what did they teach u at physics at school eh? Eternity is the centre of the universe. Everything rotates around her.
[img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] shush you [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] that's a secret

Quote:

But sadly the last point is true.... once she has it... then it's not so amazing and enticing....

That's not wholly true hun. It depends on circumstance. Things usually do. And the whole amazing thing? If something is amazing... that never fades.

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:

If I can have it, well I see if I can take it, before I take it though, I see and try to feel if I really want it, and what the consequences of my desire will lead me. Usually it leads nowhere so I don´t bother.
[img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] hmmm... I wonder just how many paths you've been down. If you've only been down a few paths... how can you tell which ones will eventually lead somewhere and which ones lead nowhere?
Old 09-03-2002, 02:16 PM   #36
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

[quote]Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:
Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
[qb]No, I really had no resistance whatsoever. Still don't. I saw everything that I ever wanted, so I said...well, maybe I'll tell that story later.
oooooooooooohh! a story [img]smile.gif[/img] *sits down at your feet* tell us the story? If Galadria doesn't mind that is.

Sorry, that big thump you heard was Galadria's (petite and shapely) foot being put down.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:37 PM   #37
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:

what if whatever you do you hurt someone?
[/i][/b]
I just said, didn't I? [img]smile.gif[/img]
If what I want will hurt people, I try to tell myself to let go. Usually works too, though not all the time unfortunately.

[ 09-03-2002, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 09-03-2002, 03:40 PM   #38
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If I need to resist something, I let go and follow the force.
[img]graemlins/starwars.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2002, 04:11 PM   #39
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
If I need to resist something, I let go and follow the force.
[img]graemlins/starwars.gif[/img]
sounds like breaking wind

seriously I will go with the "not if it hurts anyone else" usually too [img]smile.gif[/img] - some things take a lot more effort than I can do alone though

Old 09-03-2002, 04:13 PM   #40
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
sounds like breaking wind
I gotta do what I gotta do.
*PARP* [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]