Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2002, 11:08 AM   #1
Cecil
Dungeon Master

Since I've found this place, I couldn't tell you how much time I've spent using the 'search' function and reading through old posts. I've found a -lot- of things out that I never had a clue of playing through the game. One that recently struck me was this:

And I don't feel this would persay be a spoiler, but -if- you don't want to know what all items Cromwell is capable of forging, please don't read any further..

Ok, I found in an old thread where you could use the Ilithium Ore to be combined with the Mace of Disruption to upgrade the mace. WOW! Very nice item, makes me upset that I gave the ore to the artist now. I had in my head it would be a disgrace to the Temple if I tried to ruse them with fake ore. Damn morals.

Anyways, that got me to wondering what other items I may have missed.

I did a search on this topic, and didn't find anything on it. Most of the threads I was able to dig up on Cromwell were asking for his location, etc etc.

So for those in the know, could you please shed a little insight on this Cavalier?

The items I know of are:

- Red Dragon Scale Armor

- the Equalizer

- Shadow Dragon Scale Armor

- Crom Faeyr (haven't aquired this myself, only piece I have is the note, but Cromwell alerted me to it)

- Vorpal Blade/Silver Sword

- Gesen Bow

- the upgraded Mace of Disruption (again, I don't have this personally, but stumbled over it using the search function while trying to get pointers on defeating Kangaxx the Demi Lich - and would REALLY like to have had it)

So then, what all goodies am I missing out on? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Cecil
Cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 11:18 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
There's a halberd called the Wave which you can put together as well. I won't spoil the locations since you haven't asked, save to say that if you a) follow through on Haer'Dalis's quest and b) make sure you headhunt a certain rebel prince under the sea you should find what you need.

There's also the Silver Horn of Valhalla which you can upgrade using a beljuril and a diamond. Cromwell doesn't do this for you - a merchant in Waukeen's Promenade does (I forget his name, but he's just south of where the ore merchant is).

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 12:05 PM   #3
Charean
Hathor

WOW... I didn't know that...

So you can get away with giving him the fake ore? I never tried... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Dang... an upgraded mace.... I WANT ONE!
Old 05-14-2002, 12:08 PM   #4
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
WOW... I didn't know that...

So you can get away with giving him the fake ore? I never tried... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Dang... an upgraded mace.... I WANT ONE!
There's a 50/50 chance of getting away with it.

I'll tell you, when I looked at the Ore by right-clicking it, I think that messed up the quest and right away Sir Sarles could tell it's fake.

So don't right-click on the Ore, and make sure to save a different game for that specifically.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 12:21 PM   #5
Helspanth
Quintesson

Sir Sarles always sees through your deception.
Then however you return to the temple and they accept the alloy.
It is worth less xps but you do keep the real illithium.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:28 PM   #6
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

the name of the merchant in Waukeen's Promenade that makes the Horns of Valhalla is Maheer. He is listed on the map as "Weaponsmith."
Old 05-14-2002, 03:37 PM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

You can also make our Dwarven smith make Ankheg Plate Mail. All you have to do to get this, is to travel to eg Windspear Hills, find an Ankheg (big green things coming up from the earth), kill it, and take it's heads. Take the head to Cromwell, and he can make you a not-so-bad platemail from it.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 04:58 PM   #8
Cecil
Dungeon Master

Ahhh, neato.. didn't know that about the Horn, thanks much! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I wonder what on earth possessed the first adventurers to come to think of Ankheg as an armor medium.

"You know, Robert, about that giant insect head..."

"Yea?"

"Now don't think I'm crazy here... but I was thinking about scooping that baby out, throwing some leather straps around it, and wearing that sucker around town!"

"You know... I was thinking exact same thing."
Cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 11:05 AM   #9
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
Ahhh, neato.. didn't know that about the Horn, thanks much! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I wonder what on earth possessed the first adventurers to come to think of Ankheg as an armor medium.

"You know, Robert, about that giant insect head..."

"Yea?"

"Now don't think I'm crazy here... but I was thinking about scooping that baby out, throwing some leather straps around it, and wearing that sucker around town!"

"You know... I was thinking exact same thing."
ROFL! Well said, Cecil! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 11:51 AM   #10
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
You can also make our Dwarven smith make Ankheg Plate Mail. All you have to do to get this, is to travel to eg Windspear Hills, find an Ankheg (big green things coming up from the earth), kill it, and take it's heads. Take the head to Cromwell, and he can make you a not-so-bad platemail from it.
You also can go to the red house above the Five Flagon Inn in the Bridge District to get an Ankheg Shell without having to kill one.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote