Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2004, 03:35 AM   #1
Eirik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi its day 97 and Ive been killing bandits in larswood and peldvale for ages, but just cannot progress to the bandit camp. A fellow named Drizzt suggested I infiltrate the bandit camp but it never comes up as an option on the map. Theres nothing left now but wolves. Can someone tell me where I went wrong?
Old 07-07-2004, 03:52 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

What chapter are you in? Have you done the Nashkell mines? The game is loosely linear, in that certain things must be done before certain areas become available. Also, sometimes even when you have earned the right to go to the next plot critical area, the area won't show up until you actually go to the edge of the map and try to leave.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 04:52 AM   #3
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

small spoiler

s
m
a
l
l

Theoretically if you have finished the nashkel mines and you were already assaulted by certain axe thrower person, you should have a letter that will help you locate the camp.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:15 AM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Yep, Eirik, you can't just avoid difficult battles like Nimbul. IMHO avoiding those battles almost completely negates the challenge and fun of the game. Also if you read one of the letters you got out of Mulaheys chest you'd realize that there is a certain person in a certain inn in a certain city that you can "talk to" to gain access to the map. That is the bandit camp will appear on your map. You still have to make your way towards it untill it goes from grey to blue allowing you access.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:37 PM   #5
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Eirik, I read your previous posts about the Nashkell mines. Some advice... This particular RPG is hard to sandbox. Some RPG's are rather easy to sandbox, such as Morrowind(you can literally play MW for months and completely ignore the main storyline). However, it is hard to do that with BG, mainly because the XP gains are best when completeing quests and beating high level monsters. The monsters that spawn,, and respawn are not of sufficient worth to gain much XP. The game leads you along and doesn't give you anything that is not insurmountable. Yes, it is possible that you will come across a battle that makes you say "Hmmm,,, better come back later after I've gained a level",,,, when that happens THEN go out and try random encounters in the countryside(you'll find plenty of those, some of them tougher than the battle you are avoiding!!).
Hope this helps.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:37 AM   #6
Eirik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Firstly thank you all for the responses. Im in chapter three, in avoiding Nimbul I came upon Elminster in Beregost, who pointed me north east.
When I felt I had the hit points and a strong party I went back and took out Nimbul.His letter was from Tazok, but I could not see any reference to a bandit camp.
Ill check my save games for clues.

Eirik (still having a good game!)
Old 07-08-2004, 02:45 AM   #7
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
From where... or whom... did Mulahey get his orders? Who was his contact? Nobody in Nashkel, that's too close. But Beregost... Yes, Beregost. Lots of room for somebody to get away with things. Why don't you go to a few inns and talk to the barkeeps over some drinks. One of them will tell you what you need to know, if you didn't already have an incriminating document in your inventory.

Recheck the documents you got from the mines, or hit up the taverns... In the end, it matters not.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:14 AM   #8
Eirik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh, THAT letter!!

OK Ill tell you another way still. If you go to Larswood and run into Teven and say the right things he'll take you to the camp where you will either be accepted by Tazok or killed by him. (guess you know this already)
I found this out after only ten minutes play on a save game.Me and Teven had a disagreement the first time I played it.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:59 AM   #9
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Actually there are two bandit captains, one in Larswood, and the other in Peldvale who can lead you to the bandit camp. I accidentally killed the first one. Some people say you should just kill them, take their good items and move on to the bandit camp. I like to go in as possible new recruits. You get time to explore the place, rest, recharge, etc.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote