Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 10:32 AM   #81
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz nodded and started walking silently in the direction she'd indicated. Neb followed. They moved like shadows over the cobbles, heedless of the pair of eyes watching them from an alley... Another pair of eyes appeared next to them. Both were milky white and swirled hypnotically. At an unspoken signal, the two creatures left the shadows. The moonlight glinted off 3 meter long snakelike skeletal bodies, with a humanoid skull on top.
Kaz noticed the newcomers first. "Look, over there!" she shouted and cast her last Magic Missiles spell. The red balls of light hit one of the snake-undead with a thud, its eyes winked out and it collapsed to dust. The other one stared at Kaz, who stopped, entranced by the whirling white colors.
Old 11-02-2001, 10:37 AM   #82
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb jumped back as the creatures approached and prepared to cast a spell, but he noticed that Kaz wasn't moving and that the second of the things was slithering towards her quickly, it would reach her before he could finish his spell, Neb stopped casting the spell, grabbed his quarterstaff in both hands and ran towards the creature.

Neb brought his staff down upon the creatures spine, almost cracking it, the creature turned towards him, but he resisted the creature's hypnotizing eyes and swung his staff in a wide arc, hitting the creatures skull and sending it flying across the street and into the gutter, Neb quickly went over to Kaz to check if she was allright and to make sure that the hypnotism was wearing off.
Old 11-02-2001, 11:11 AM   #83
Kaz

As Kaz stared into the monster's white eyes, she felt herself falling... falling...
Kaz thudded onto hard wooden floor. Dust swirled up, dislodged from the cracks it had lain for long times. She got up, shaking herself off. She was in a room, there was light streaming through clouded windows and coloring the swirling dust gold. The room was small, and by the shape of the ceiling Kaz realized that they were in an attic. It was filled with boxes, many opened. A man and a young elf were sitting in a corner. The elf had shoulder-long black hair and dark green eyes. She seemed very thin, too thin almost. Kaz seemed older than the last time she had dreamed about her past, yet this was still a long time ago. The man was wearing ultramarine robes with silver sigils embroidered on the lapels and had a long, flowing, brilliant white beard. Ice-blue eyes peered at a spellbook lying on a table between the two.
"Now, let's just try this one last time," the wizard was saying. "I know you can manage if you let yourself." The young Kaz stood up, face twisted in concentration. She slowly chanted words, weaving her hands in a simple pattern. Suddenly a ball of light appeared above her head. She started, lost the spell, and the ball disappeared. "That was very good!" the mage praised her. "Now, just try to hold on to the spell a bit-" he broke off, seeing Kaz clutching her head in pain. "What is it?" The scene faded and Kaz was falling again...

Kaz picked herself up from the cobbles where she had fallen. She looked around, both of the creatures were dead. Neb was looking at her. "What were those creatures? What happened?" she asked.
Old 11-02-2001, 12:12 PM   #84
Neb

"Those things are called Necrophidiusses," Said Neb, "Assasin Golems, not easy to make, someone must really want you, or me, dead, after you killed the first one with your spell I killed the other one," Neb pointed to the skull lying in the gutter, "We must hurry, we'll be safer with the others."
Old 11-02-2001, 12:12 PM   #85
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>
Mistral!!!
AHHHHHHGGGG!!!!
NOOOOOO!!!!
May the pits of all 9 Hells open wide and beg for the damnable soul of Fabian's!!!!!!!!!!

Before flying off in return to her Master, Isabeau had given Larry a mental image of the path she would use to return to Mistral's location. Yet, not realizing it, she had given Larry a high altitude reading with no consideration that whatever mountains or forests lay between the two locations would make travel more difficult.
Yet, it was all that Larry had at the moment, so he began his search, after of course explaining to Seohi what his intentions were. He left Sephi in charge of finding and safe-keeping Kaz, and that nobody was to know of where Larry was going. Sephi agreed to these conditions and then Larry was away, in serch for his beloved.

Creeping out of the city was easy enough. His stealth ability had improved with a little practice, and he did not encounter anyone that really had the power to detect him. Still, every precaution was in place, and only the best of the best would have even witnessed his passing as he made his way through the streets and into the forest beyond. He was glad to be out of there, without drawing attention to himself. It was important for him to rescue Mistral alone, that she would understand that he had no boundries nor fear whaen it came to her happiness.
But then the thought came back to him. ~What if she does not want to be rescued? What if she is happy, and laughs at my feeble attempt to come to her side? Why would she have tried to pawn me off on Kaz? Larry began to slow down. He actually had not thought about how he would feel if this was to end up not being a rescue mission, but actually crashing a wedding ceremony or something. ~Maybe Isabeau just does not like this Fabian guy, and she hoped I would intervene.
Larry finally stopped in his tracks. What was he doing? Why did he feel like he was making a mistake. He sat down to ponder his thoughts and actions.
Old 11-02-2001, 12:14 PM   #86
Kaz

"Then, let's go." Kaz shook her head to clear it of the last traces of her dream, and then set off, gliding quickly over the cobblestones. She looked around, hoping not to run into anything else.
Old 11-02-2001, 12:27 PM   #87
Neb

Neb checked the area for any other foes and then followed after Kaz, having to hurry to catch up with her.
Old 11-02-2001, 12:49 PM   #88
Kaz

As Kaz and Neb reached a crossing, several dark figures darted at them. "Get 'em!" Kaz cursed herself for not having payed better attention, the muggers should have been easy to spot with her infravision. Then she smiled, deciding to try out one of her new powerful spells... The muggers were still some distance away when she finished chanting. They looked surprised as suddenly, the ground and sky switched. They were falling up! "Shall we continue?" Kaz asked sweetly over the howls of the surprised thieves. She turned her back and walked away, knowing that the spell would wear off soon...
Old 11-02-2001, 12:53 PM   #89
Neb

Neb didn't even get a chance to start casting one of his spells before Kaz had taken care of the thieves, he quickly turned to follow her as she left the area, as he caught up with her he said, "May I ask who your teacher was? Your magical skills seem quite extraordinary, must have been a powerful mage."
Old 11-02-2001, 12:57 PM   #90
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mistral

As the rays of the morning sun beam upon her, her eyes flutter open to see Fabian's concerned face. He kneels on the floor, beside her bed. ~ "Wha... what happened to me?" ~ The previous evening's events are a faded memory ~ "I remember feeling giddy or something..." ~

Fabian watches her expression closely, before whispering softly ~ "Yes... you seemed overwhelmed by a strange sadness last evening. In the course of the dinner, you passed out and I carried you back here... to your room..." ~ His eyes glitter and he bows his head as if in deep sorrow ~

Fear as she has never known begins to grow in Mistral. ~ "What has happened? Speak and do not keep me in suspense!" ~ She pushes herself up, her heart pounding madly as she perceives the strange look in Fabian's face.

"Oh, Mistral... I tried my best...not to be detected... but... but the maids saw me carrying you here. And out of concern, I... I have not left your side once." ~ His voice trembles ~ "Knowing maids as they are these days, I fear that... that their imaginations may run wild." ~

The world seems to spin again ~ No... my reputation is sullied... I can never hold my head up high again... ~ Her face drains of all colour ~ Larry...how can I face him again...I am no longer worthy of anything in his eyes... ~ Tears begin forming in the corners of her eye ~

"Mistral, say you forgive me. Please." ~ The anguish in his voice is obvious ~ "I beg for your forgiveness." ~

"There is nothing to forgive, Fabian. You acted as a true friend would." ~ She replies dully, hopelessness crawling into her heart and eyes. ~ I am a disgrace to my parents, and a liability to Larry's honour... there is no way I can face him again... ~ At the thought, the tears roll down her cheeks ~

"Mistral, I cannot bear to see you suffer like this... please, do me the honour of being my wife. We can right this wrong, and the maids will be silenced once and for all..." ~ He grabs her hands in urgency ~ "The longer we delay any constructive action, the higher the chances that those tongues will wag... what say you, my love? Let me protect you and cherish you for the rest of your life." ~

She stares into space, barely listening to his words yet knowing the inevitable has arrived. I have no choice now but to comply...

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 11-02-2001).]