Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 11:37 AM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What's the command to remove the experience cap? I finally figured about my problem with leveling multi-level characters.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-12-2001, 11:40 AM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Theres no command, just unzip it into your "override" folder in the BG2 directory.

------------------
[insert witty phrase here]
Old 03-12-2001, 11:59 AM   #3
Reeka

Jerome:

I am technologically challenged. Unzip what and how into my what and do what. And please don't tell me I have to do it in Shadowkeeper and can't get it burned into a CD right to take home and install. HELP!!

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-12-2001, 12:40 PM   #4
LichSlayer
Welcomed New User

Alright all you have to do is download the XP cap remover then find it then right click and unzip it to your override directory a file which is within wherever you installed BG2 then the Xp cap will be gone
Old 03-12-2001, 12:42 PM   #5
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Okay my firend calm down!

First of all: do you have winzip? Its a program that usualy comes with windows anyway, but if you dont tell me and i'll email it to you.

Next: You'll need the Exp cap remover zipfile, you can get it in the ironworks, or again i can mail it to you.

Then simply double click on the file (once you get it) and winzip will ask for the folder you want to put it in. Browse through into your BG2 directory, then the folder marked "override"

And thats it. Just tell me if u need the stuff! Hope that helps.

------------------
[insert witty phrase here]
Old 03-12-2001, 01:02 PM   #6
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Hi Reeka,

I would advice you to d/l the exp. cap remover from this site. It is more than just the simple exp cap remover from the Ironworks site, as it not only removes the cap, but also incorporates all the rules for progression up to level 40 or 50 into the game. Unzip the downloaded file (see above) and copy the unzipped files into the override folder of your BGII directory. Just checked it and saw that it is even easier: it is self-executable, that means upon starting the download it will automatically be unzipped and copied to your override folder.

Good luck and happy high level adventuring !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-12-2001).]
Old 03-12-2001, 02:11 PM   #7
Reeka

Jerome: Thanks! I found the stuff and have (hopefully) burned the winzip and the Cap remover into a CD to take home and load. I'm only on line at my office and BGII is at home.

Falcar: I got the GIF off a site (100's of GIFs) that said they were OK to use for personal use. The site didn't even indicate the artist. If you would like to tell me how I can reach this Lady Galadriel, I'll be happy to ask her permission if you don't think the permission of the sight I got it from is enough. Actually, I'm a musician and very sensitive to copyright issues. Believe it or not, I won't even photocopy music.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-12-2001, 02:14 PM   #8
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi Reeka.

Just to let you know that there is also a Grand Mastery patch available which corrects the # of attacks for fighter classes. They should gain extra attacks with becoming more proficient in a given weapon but as it stands they don't. This patch corrects that and is installed in exactly the same manner as the XP cap remover. I'm exactly the same as you in my degree of computer literacy but find that threats and swearing work wonders.

The patch (along with the Advance Rules Patches etc) can be found at - http://www.3ddownloads.com/?director.../util_players/

Falcar......Sigh. Why is it that people jump on a post and add absolutely nothing?

------------------
One love, peace.

[This message has been edited by Charlie (edited 03-12-2001).]
Old 03-12-2001, 02:47 PM   #9
Reeka

Thanks, Charlie, I'll give it a try. BTW, do I get the biggest prize?

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-12-2001, 05:12 PM   #10
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I just downloaded the Lvl 50 thing and it still wont let my char go beyond 17. Why ? I used Shadow Keeper to give him 40,000,000 XP. Did I do it wrong ?