Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2002, 05:51 AM   #11
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

In the previous games (IWD1 BG1/2) it was a relatively weak class identical to the Cleric in many ways save for some further weapon restrictions etc, which kinda made it pointless to play and unpopular with most. I mean why bother when a Cleric can cast all the same spells and use even more weapons/armor right?

But..... the Druid class in IWD2 is very very cool. They really worked on making this underrated class just that, a class of its own. Alot of the spells are specific to the Druid character and logically, nature-oriented. The shapeshifting abilities are great too and with the added 'extra wild shape' feat your Druid can assume the Shambling Mound form - which fights well and looks very big. I've always wanted to play a Druid character in these games but up till now it wasn't really possible due to the way they portrayed this class previously. If you haven't tried it in IWD2 I suggest you do, they have done all those woodland folk a great service
Old 10-18-2002, 06:55 AM   #12
Faba du Paryse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't make the same mistake I made;
don't create a deep gnome druid

I thought it was fun for roleplaying reasons, but she just levels up to slow.
A 3 level penalty for a druid is definately not worth it.
(I had her in my party which also had a dark elf monk... 2 level panalty, couldn't win a fight.)

Druids, just like Monks, start getting interesting and powerful at higher levels.

[ 10-18-2002, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Faba du Paryse ]
Faba du Paryse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 03:41 AM   #13
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

Bah. Just a bunch of tree hugging hippie crap
Old 10-19-2002, 08:20 PM   #14
Sr. Paladin Richek
Banned User

the answer to spirit warriors problem is......... the Fighter/Druid! wear full plate. use flame blade exceptionally, and many other reasons, mainly sving throws. Otherwise plain and simple druid do suk!
Sr. Paladin Richek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 02:17 AM   #15
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

I was thinking Fighter/Druid Fighter:4 Druid:the rest Human STR18/DEX16/CON18/INT3/WIS18/CHA3 HE would be a good fighter and keep raising his wisdom, as human he would get 2 skill point put them in Concentration and Spellcraft. BAM Druid fighter! PS: I dont care about aniumal empathy... I'll make him Neutral Evil cuz he HATES animals.. He's just a Druid for the Union benefits.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:57 PM   #16
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I always have a druid in my IWD parties for 3 reasons:
1, Entangle
2, spike growth
3, spike stones

with these 3 spells almost every enemy becomes a pushover because you entangle them and then ya SHRED them all with out lifting a single blade.
Old 10-21-2002, 12:10 AM   #17
Guinness
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
I always have a druid in my IWD parties for 3 reasons:
1, Entangle
2, spike growth
3, spike stones

with these 3 spells almost every enemy becomes a pushover because you entangle them and then ya SHRED them all with out lifting a single blade.
Yep... wicked combo! Except entangle doesn't work indoors (thats what u have a "web" spell for) and there is also "Static Electricity"!!!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 12:12 PM   #18
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

Druids were not just 'crappy clerics' in IWD. They're spells made them VERY different in useability. You don't send a druid charging in as a tank, because hes a DRUID, not a tank! You sit them in the back, and just use static charges, various fire spells, creeping dooms etc etc, and watch as the enemies fall. Their summoning is far better than a clerics, and especially in IWD, they were easily the best single classed caster. Lots of variety in the uses for their spells. Their only weakness was, and still is sorta, the weak defence. Not enough defence boosting spells, and poor armour.
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 08:45 PM   #19
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I couldn't help but notice that avatar lol. Is it real and, if your banned should you even be posting on the site (I thought being banned would make it impossible).
Old 11-16-2002, 10:14 PM   #20
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

LOL! How many posts do I have to make to get that ranking? hehe