Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2002, 11:43 PM   #1
Finn McCool
Dungeon Master

After reading about the final Bodhi battle, I decided to keep Jaheira in the rear and face Bodhi by myself and the allies. Bodhi & company were routed and Jaheira (whom I'm romancing) was not turned into a vampire. I then went ahead and staked Bodhi. My question is, is it necessary to have your romancing partner turned in order to progress? In reading the walkthroughs it seems like you need to bring them back from the dead as part of the romance.
Finn McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 12:21 AM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
No it isn't necessary for the romance to finish successfully for her to be vampirised, it's just a little extra thing.

However, unless you actually told Jaheria to leave the group before you went to the graveyard (which would have ended the romance anyway ), if Bodhi was going to take her she would have - she takes her as soon as you enter the graveyard and she confronts you. So either you were not far enough along in the romance for Bodhi taking her to be triggered, or somehow your romance has been terminated. It could easily be the latter in Jaheira's case, as that romance is terribly buggy and can stop at any point due to bugs.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:17 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And Viconia's has been known to stop for no reason at all....
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 10:37 AM   #4
Helspanth
Quintesson

You get your love interested abducted by Bodhi and turned to a vampire if you have reached the RomanceActive Variable =2.If you haven't then no abduction!
Also I don't think that Viconia's romance ends for no apparent reason.It is just that ends abruptly(sp?)!
Old 03-08-2002, 03:40 PM   #5
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Galadria has a theory that Jahiera's Romance takes so long to get active that she is never vamped. Lord knows I have finished the game with her(Jahiera, not Galadria) and never got her vamped, or finished the Romance that I have seen in the script. We went to a LOT of trouble (leaving the computer on overnight, etc.), just to get Vicky vamped, and it really was emotionally affecting. But, the first six (?) times we went through SoA with her, she didn't turn a hair when we nailed ol' Bodhi.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:31 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Jaheira's romance is also tied to several other variables such as when Revianne, Dermin, and Terminsel will appear. Strangely enough, I think I remember seeing a weird script in the game such that when Jaheira's LoveTalk variable got to a value of 57 it hit a loop and would never advance. I edited my variables and got past this loop, which led to a successful resolution of the romance.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 08:23 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Galadria has a theory that Jahiera's Romance takes so long to get active that she is never vamped. Lord knows I have finished the game with her(Jahiera, not Galadria) and never got her vamped, or finished the Romance that I have seen in the script. We went to a LOT of trouble (leaving the computer on overnight, etc.), just to get Vicky vamped, and it really was emotionally affecting. But, the first six (?) times we went through SoA with her, she didn't turn a hair when we nailed ol' Bodhi.

Well I managed to get Jaheira vampirised, but I did spend an inordinate amount of time wandering around trying to finish the romance before we went to see Bodhi, for the very purpose of getting her vamped (and this was after I had to download the patch and fix up the romance when it got stuck in the 'what did you think of the last battle' loop). We went after we got the harper pin (so it was completed), and Bodhi zipped her off quick as anything .
Old 03-09-2002, 07:38 AM   #8
Sauromon the White
Dungeon Master

No this is only if she is killed and you are in a higher part of the romance!
Old 03-09-2002, 10:33 PM   #9
Tancred
White Dragon

There's a particular speech on Jahiera's part that starts "Ah, the dawning of a new day...". That marks the evolution of the Romance from '1' to '2'. You don't have to finish a romance to get a person vampirised. Or at least I didn't. Perhaps it's just me.