Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2000, 01:03 PM   #1
Gauleiter

Know the Underwater Oracle in the Dragon Spire that gives you the thing to move the two rocks blocking DragonShard #2? Well, it's worthless: My Whiskah Samurai, Athletic Level 4, jumped off the bridge and through the waterfall and landed behind the rocks; opened the chest and got the DragonShard without ever moving the rocks. Anyone else done this?

The Gripe? The Mavin Sword sucks. That Whiskah Samurai, Sword Level 7, has it and has yet to hit more than 8 with the thing, usually 6. My Katana +1 *ALWAYS* hit for 10, usually 12! I have yet to unequip the thing, just for sentimentality (hell, I certainly worked hard enough to get it), and I'm waiting for that possible 16 hit to finally rear its ugly head.

BTW, a final note: Don't underestimate Athletics! That same Samurai (my favourite current character besides my little Assasin) can /CLIMB/ the Dragon Spire with his Lvl 4 Athletics, to the right of Torin near the trees. Also, remember that ridiculous Scorpion in the Boogre Caves that gave you a billion Exp for killing it? The Samurai, who was only Lvl. 2.something at the time, just jumped out of the pit; I killed it with ranged magic. I think that besides the upper level Sun & Moon magics and possibly 2nd Weapon, Athletics is the best thing to get at least one of your guys proficient in. Thoughts?
Old 12-26-2000, 03:06 PM   #2
THE_ONE

Hello Gauleiter!

Well, as a convicted believer in magic, I got all my characters trained up in 4 to 6 realms of magic. So for me it is more essential to increas their magical skills. In my opinion magic beats might all the time!
Apart from this personal approach I do agree with your opinion. Apart from the magics, your main weapon skill and certainly 2nd weapon, athletics is absolutely a thing to have.

By the way, don't you think Gauleiter is a rather stupid alias? I mean, do you expect us to adress you with "Heil Hitler"? I know our akas are a very personal thing, but a name without a connex to the 3rd Reich would be rather more appropriate, don't you think? (an explanation for other readers: Gauleiter was the title of the federal gouvernors in Hitler-Germany.)

Please don't take my opinion too personal, as I do not kwon why you decided to choose this alias, but I don't think Gauleiter is a name that should be used to define yourself in this forum.

Greetings,

THE ONE
Old 12-27-2000, 03:18 AM   #3
Gauleiter

I find my name remarkably appropriate; nevermind why, it started as an inside joke with several friends -- none of whom, interestingly enough, took to the RPG genre -- but it stayed and I have no intention of changing it.

A note for your consumption, THE_ONE, for I seriously doubt others are much interested, the Gauleiters existed long before Hitler, and exist even to this day; their names were changed, for obvious political reasons, shortly after the War.

For magic: I am absolutely loving Lvl 7 Moon, with Teleport and Call Home; saves a lot of time, something which RPGs are famous for stealing...
Old 12-27-2000, 11:07 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Mavin Sword - yes, it is rather disappointing BUT it is one of the only two weapons in the game that can have their power increased in the Black Fire in Cet's tomb. This is important.
Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote