Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2001, 04:45 AM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Hi, guys, I've been slaughtering half the population of Baldur's Gate today, and in my meanderings about the city, I've discovered a few things.
1) The Battleaxe+2 DOES give a -2 bonus to THAC0, even if it doesn't say so in the item's description. Kagain still sucks, though. (A good NPC will require either the Gauntlets of Dexterity or the Gauntlets of Ogre Power--NOT both.)
2) There is in fact a 3RD pair of Boots of Stealth. Pickpocket them off a dwarf named Nadarin, somewhere in Baldur's Gate. (Not telling where.....gonna make you search, too. )

------------------
Boots of Stealth: 1125 gp
Shadow Armor: 7875 gp
Slipping an Oil of Firey Burning down the back of Sarevok's armor: Priceless

[This message has been edited by SixOfSpades (edited 10-14-2001).]
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 07:19 AM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
- SixOfSpades: there are at least 3 pairs of boots of stealth, i remember these ones:
1.- In the area south of Beregost, a hobgoblin has them. You can give them to a halfling in Beregost (i cant remember his name) for some xp and maybe gold, but i wouldnt do it
2.- In Ulcaster, another hobgoblin has them, just explore the area and kill goblins.
3.- In BG city, in the southern area, you find that dwarf (i think hes the captain of the docks or something like that), and he asks you to kill a basilisk (which is located in the area west from there, in a warehouse near the docks. If you do it, when you talk back to the dwarf, if your reputation is high enough he gives the boots to you.

Maybe there are more but i dont think so.

------------------
"Captive, captive... captive in heaven" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 02:02 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
....you can give them to a halfling in Beregost (i cant remember his name) for some xp and maybe gold, but i wouldnt do it.[/B]
I always give the boots back to Zhurlong, and then I kill him for pickpocketing me in the first place. (I only let GOOD Thieves live, "good" meaning "doesn't get caught," like Imoen and Coran.)
Quote:
.....when you talk back to the dwarf, if your reputation is high enough he gives the boots to you.[/B]
Reputation isn't a factor. My party leader had a CHA of 19 and a Rep. of 20, and the dwarf simply gave me some gold and EXP, and congratulated us for keeping the docks from being turned into a stone quarry.

[This message has been edited by SixOfSpades (edited 10-14-2001).]
Old 10-14-2001, 04:37 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Then i dunno whats the factor that makes him give you gold or the boots, but im sure i got a pair of boots of stealth for killing the beast.

------------------
"Captive, captive... captive in heaven" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 03:02 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, I didn't stumble across him until LONG after I'd killed the Basilisk, so maybe he gives you the boots only if he gave you the quest, as well. I got the EXP, anyway.

------------------
Boots of Stealth: 1125 gp
Shadow Armor: 7875 gp
Slipping an Oil of Firey Burning down the back of Sarevok's armor: Priceless
Old 10-15-2001, 06:40 AM   #6
Zbyszek

Hmm, I got that boots once (first time just pickpocketed him ). But I think he promised my some reward (I am not sure anyway). I dont know how it works with reputation/alignment. I remember at least two other persons giving me something or not, and I still dont know why. First one os that merchant afraid of white bear, first time I got boots of North, second not, so I tried to explore how does it work. First time I was paladin and had reputation not really high (only EASY Beregost quests and Nashkel mines). Second time I was fighter/mage, alignment the same, rep the same. I thought it may depend where I kill that bear, on the other side of river, on bridge or near this merchant. I am not sure all the time.
The second person was little girl near waterfall looking for her cat. First time (paladin) I had reputation about 16-18 and got rep+1, and scroll of protection against undead. Another time my figther/mage with reputation 20 didnt got rep+1 nor the scroll but some money! In my diary was written that I have felt sorry because I took that money from girl (another difference - I got that cat befor first talk with her).
So it seems that high reputation is not the main factor you will get extra item.

Zbyszek

------------------

Well known expetitioner, Heffalumps hunter, friend of Boo.
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 04:08 AM   #7
Little Dragon
The Magister

Where in Ulcatser do you get the stealth boots. I have only found boots of stealth in the past there.
Little Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 07:25 AM   #8
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Dragon:
Where in Ulcatser do you get the stealth boots. I have only found boots of stealth in the past there.
One of Hobgoblin archers has it.
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote