Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2001, 09:14 PM   #1
maggie

Sorry for going a bit off topic here guys but i figured this is one of the best boards to to vent my anger an sorrow at the loss of one of the greatest games in the history of RPGing. Iron Crown Emporium, otherwise known as ICE or Rolemaster is in Chapter 11 or for us Canadians, Bankrupcy. This is a shame as the company was making a steady recovery back on the market when an unnamed company spent a great deal of money and threats to drive it back under.
This is very aggrevating. I HATE THE D20 system. I never want to have to use such system but that is the way games seem to be going now and Rolemaster was one of the only ones left that did not make this change. I personally loved the great detail in the combat and magic system. In this system you make your attack and do damage but you also get critical hits that do extra damage from stunning your foe to out right killing him. My personal favorit critial comes from the martial arts strikes table "Disarm foe and use his weapon to kill him. A follow up strike breaks his neck and you send him 5 feet in any direction. He is dead twice." That kind of detail is missing in a lot of games today. There are as many tables for criticals as there are weapons. Each detailed and giving some flesh to be rended in your combat. If you have never played Rolemaster go check it out either on line or at the nearest hobbystore. While it is still there. Because when it is gone all we have left is uniform D20 systems that suck for the most part. Don't get me wrong i love BG2 and the other RPGs for computers but the detail you find in Rolemaster will never be found again.

R.I.P. ICE, you will be missed the world over. A small candle that held back the night has gone out, if another candle goes out and then another all we will have is darkness everywhere. Absolute and lonely...
and may Wizards of the Coast Roast in Hell for a millenum for what they have done.