Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2002, 09:35 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I have to admit I haven't gone much beyond the Nightblade and LongSword +2. What are everyone else's favorite weapons? Specifically, I'm interested in the pros and cons. For example, the ability to turn something to stone is pretty neat (I put a nice monkey statue on Kerah's altar once), but once it's stoned, you can't get the XP for killing it.

So, to summarize: favorite weapon, things you like about it, and drawbacks you know of (if any).

Any takers?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 10:55 AM   #2
Asmodeus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm assuming that the obvious weapons of choice (charged Mavin Sword, and Kerah's Sword) go without saying, but even excluding those, there are several nice weapons out there. Most are randomly generated, so if you don't find them in one game, you may find them in another playing (I only found 1 Wizard's Blade the first time I played, but the last time I played I found about 6 of them!)

My favorite weapon is the Murakata Blade. This looks like a gold Katana, and is very rare (I've only seen it once in all of the times I've played this game).

Murakata Blade: one-handed, +2 to hit, 16-30 pts damage, special: Deathstrike, 80% toughness. Only downside is that it can't be Blessed or Enchanted.

A good alternative is the Tomonari Katana (also looks like a gold Katana.) one-handed, +2 to hit, up to 21 points of damage, and also has Deathstrike. Dosen't seem to have a downside--it CAN be Blessed and Enchanted, so potentially its a better weapon.

My favorite ranged weapon has got to be the Kiss of Death darts: Thrown weapon, 7-16 points damage, special: paralyze, posion, AND Deathstrike! And they only weigh about 0.2 lbs! As an added bonus, they can be Blessed for extra damage or accuracy. The downside is cost: a whopping 1775 g.p. EACH! It's well worth the money if you can save up enough to buy several of these babies. I prefer thrown weapons to bows as they are lighter, and only take up pocket space, leaving your left hand free for a 2nd weapon or shield. Of all the thrown weapons, I think darts and shurikens are the best; all of the others seem to be too heavy or inaccurate (WHY do throwing knives weigh 5 lbs. EACH?!!!).

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

[img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2002, 01:36 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

My very favorite weapon was featured in a Gael Serran Examiner, issue 15 http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=4;t=004571

Okay - so you can't actually find this weapon IN the game. You can only get it if you make a mistake while hacking an Assassin's Dagger for some poor hapless player. No matter that for all it's impressive stats, it doesn't function as described. It's still an object of beauty and wonderment!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 12:22 AM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Hum, things that really make one think.
As all knows an assassin should be well equipped for his duties, light, fast, and agile. So, weapons of choice should also be very light, fast, and deadly. Primary weapons of death and dismemberment include, Robinsword, toughened to 99% then damage increased to max, very swift, and deadly up to 180 damage, plus deathstrike. Alternate to it is the Wizardblade, toughened and damage maxxed, deadly up to @ 160 damage. There can only be one 2nd weapon. The assassin dagger, blessed only for damage, is the only 2nd weapon I use. Damage is usually in the 200's, plus poision, & deathstrike. I do use Sword of Argus from the jinni, max damage, deathstrike. Damage @ 190, but I do notice a slight speed degradation. Only use that until I find Robinsword, or Wizardblade.

An Assassin on the prowl

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 08:46 AM   #5
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

i like using shurikens and throwing them at enemies, they do a nice ammount of dam and if you sell them in groups they can be worth a small fortune and i like the chance to instantly kill even tho i rarely see that happen.

[ 04-24-2002, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: KAR_MOD1 ]
Old 04-27-2002, 03:04 PM   #6
Decimus
Welcomed New User

I would say my favorite would have to be the simple yet effective battle mace+2. My favorite characters are the barbarians and they go well with them. They can be blessed and enchanted, they do up to 22 damage(I'm pretty sure that it's 22), and they are a single handed weapon leaving room for a second weapon or a shield (not that a barbarian really needs one).

Decimus.
Decimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 09:58 PM   #7
Asmodeus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I wonder how an Uzi would do in this game? It'd be fun to use it to mow down those annoying Ratlings!

Group of 12 Ratling Blacklegs swagger up ...

LEAD RATLING: "Chit-Cikt! Ya pays fah pies! ..."

Hero fires Uzi in sweeping pattern ... [img]graemlins/rambo.gif[/img]

UZI: "BRAT-A-TAT-A-TAT-A-TAT-A-TAT-A-TAT-A-TAT-A-TAT-A-TAT-A-TAT!"

RATLINGS(As a chorus): "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

All Ratlings fall over into a swiftly spreading pool of blood.

The End! [img]graemlins/smile33.gif[/img]

Very satisfying!

[img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2002, 03:49 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Do not overlook the Mace of Mangling. It can be blessed. The base damage, after blessing for damage, is 18 - 60 so that it's better than, for example, blessed Tonomari Katana or blessed Sword of Argus. Plus the stun ability.