Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2002, 02:56 AM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Hey All,
finally back up and running after a severe crash. Lost 256MB of DDR!
Anyhow, started a new game with a new super hero. I have found that the 'stone spell' petrification, works really well on all of the maneaters/lillies. If you stone them outside, you can come back and blast them at your leisure. However, when they are inside,(booger cave) you can't push them, so you blast them at will. Took about 3 re-loads to finally get 'berserk' trait in the caves.
Another cool trick is to stone the traverler at the start game, then blast him whenever you are ready, about 32,000 xp.

Have all of the good stone and fire spells. Worked through to barbarian level 12 for super hit points, got the good spirit spells and crusade as a palidin, now working on moon and fiend as warlock. Then it's on to a ranger for vine and fletchery. Samuri for ancesterial guide. Then bard for trickery. Rounding out with ninja for cloak of night. Then it's time to become an assassin with a contract. Must remember to unpatch as to keep the prized 'assassin's dagger'! Undoubtedly the most powerful 2nd weapon in the game.

Used the pack mule trick with the jinni, so have arm of argus, sword of argus, all stats upped, and a ward of protection.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 09:14 AM   #2
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

eine gute Idee! (A good Idea) OT: Meine LieblingsComputerSpiele ist "Dungeon Siege". btw for anyone who plays dungeon siege i have a website: http://ds.altschule.net
Old 04-18-2002, 10:43 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'll be curious, Felix, to hear if you get the assassin's bonus quest in the thief guild, since that's who the target of that quest is. Let us know when you get there, will you?

And I'm glad to hear your machine is back in order. Play on!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 04:28 AM   #4
D*one
Manshoon

If i translated right you are playing on your girlfriends computer dungeon Siege....

or........Your girlfriend is playing dungeon siege on her computer....

let me know if I got one of em right....

Thanks
D
D*one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 08:20 AM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Was ist "Dungeon Siege"?

An Assassin lurking in the shadows

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 09:32 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Close, D*one. German strings adjectives and nouns together into superwords, so "LieblingsComputerSpiele" means "Favorite Computer Game".

Whether it's on the GF's computer or not, or whether the GF plays or not, may have a lot to say about how long the GF sticks around...
-+-+-+
Old 04-22-2002, 10:50 PM   #7
D*one
Manshoon

Well its been awhile since I took German I........so.....I guess I should have known........spiele I know is playing....computer was easy to seee and lieblings well i thoughtwas girlfriend/boyfriend....or was it just liebling...or is that dear....argh I am planing to retake german in the summer hopefully w a different teacher.....

And as for the girlfriend depends on if you spend more time with her or the computer..........

[ 04-22-2002, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: D*one ]
D*one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 01:20 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Well... *looking around in case someone who speaks German well shows up*

Liebling means lover or something like that -- sweetheart, sweetie, or some other term of affection. But lieblings ... hmmm... I thought that meant it was possessive, which would lead to sweetie's.... in which case you'd be right... but my instinct tells me it's really an adjective modifying game, which makes it "sweetest", or loosely translated, favorite...

Tell you what. I won't talk any more about it if you won't, and I'll buy you a round over at the boogre bar. Deal?
-+-+-+
Old 04-24-2002, 09:06 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

well, gads - my German is way too rusty as is my French so I'll just leave you with some good advice:

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi !!

Wyv

p.s. It's a double pun
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote