Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 02:01 PM   #1
Drawde1
The Magister

Whilst exploring the Marching Mountains area looking for the Fire Giant lair I encountered a very odd group of monster "adventurers", consisting of a kobold, xvart, goblin and, bizarrely, a chinchilla (actually a rabbit). They claimed to be Bhaalspawn and attacked me, cast several spells at me including Sphere of Chaos, then ran away in a panic when I fought back, never to be seen again.
On the same subject, does anyone know the significance of the strange (slightly less so) group of bandits that attack you in the Underdark?
The .cre files for both these groups of characters all start with GP (YSGP in the case of the ToB ones, YS standing for Yaga-Shura since they're in the Fire Giant quest area) - surely there must be some connection? Do these have any relevance to the game, or are they an in-joke of some kind, perhaps named after the nicknames of Bioware employees or similar?
Drawde1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 04:53 AM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Originally i thought they might be from a book of some kind.
Not being well versed in the realms of fantasy however, i cant realy confirm my suspicions.

It's certainy *some* kind of joke....

------------------
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 02:25 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

The first time I played ToB I killed the chinchilla I just had everbody pepper
it with their missle weapons. The second time I sent Aeria over to it and was just about to cast Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting on the Chinchilla and bam it turned into a Werewolf and jumped Aeria and before I could really do anything
she flew into little pieces and disappeared from the game! I wont make that mystake again!

------------------
The Blade Makes The Man
The Man Made The Blade
Death To All That Stand
In Their Way! BEWARE ALL!
TheCrimsomBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 12:07 PM   #4
ScottR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Before fleeing the rabbit says something to his group addressing them as "my fellow bhaalspawn" so I don't think they are from and AD&D books.

CrimsonBlade - does the rabbit drop anything worth having? He got away from me.
ScottR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 05:05 AM   #5
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Wooaa, Bhaal was one sick individual. He got a rabbit as a kid, how did he ever do that? (I don't even wanna know) Getting a xvart or a goblin or a kobold as your spawn was already pretty sick but a RABBIT???!!!??

------------------
There's something in your eyes, ah no, I see now, it's the reflection of my deadly gaze - Mirac Honorguard
(Necromancer)
You deal, I'll cut -- Lilarcor
Mirac Honorguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 08:54 AM   #6
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:
Wooaa, Bhaal was one sick individual. He got a rabbit as a kid, how did he ever do that? (I don't even wanna know) Getting a xvart or a goblin or a kobold as your spawn was already pretty sick but a RABBIT???!!!??

Hmm maybe he just established a bhaal spermbank and had his priests impregnate any living female they could find.

Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote