Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2003, 12:58 PM   #1
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Lol, I think you can already know what I'm going to ask by the title.

Note that I'm using a figher/mage who is around 20/24 or something like that, and I have VIconia who is level 27 or 28.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:34 PM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

As many boost spells as possible. Protection from level drain. Protection from poison scroll on your fighter mage.

Cast timestop (prevents demogorgons summons doing much).

Beat him to death with your fighter/mage.

This is really a hand-to-hand fight, and you really need to get stuck in on him. Use as many boosts as possible.

He will cast death spell to destroy your summons, so not really too much poing having any.

Good luck.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:41 PM   #3
ratchild
Manshoon

I had tried this fight 5 or 6 times, and got slaughtered each time. Then i end up talking to my buddy on the phone for some more tips on this fight, and just happen to load my save, and accidentally activate the fight, and just kinda let the AI do it's thing, and I ended up killing the sucker in just a few rounds. I was rather amazed, because i wasn't even really paying attention. Try that tactic!
Old 07-07-2003, 05:38 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Time stop doesn't even work on Demogorgon, he's one of the few creatures it doesn't affect. Just have some one cast lower magic resistance (I think it's a cleric spell) or just cast magic resistance on him (this would probably be better than lower mag res since it is not cummaltive with his regular magic res). Send in your fighter (cast negative plane on him to protect from Demogorgan's drain ability) and whip him a couple of times. You need to cast breach on him to take away his spell protections, but ignore his summons since if you kill 1, he just summons another 1. I managed to initiate the fight before he got in his summons, so I had him down to 'badly injured' before he even got the summons off. Try that and let us know how it goes ; )

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 05:56 PM   #5
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:
Cast timestop (prevents demogorgons summons doing much).
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
Time stop doesn't even work on Demogorgon, he's one of the few creatures it doesn't affect.
It's only to stop his pet Mariliths joining in the party until Demogorgon is dead. If you can't kill him in 3 rounds with your fighters, you are pretty knackered anyway.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:13 AM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

#1 fact of ToB bosses: The only thing that's going to save your sorry hide is Protection from Magical Weapons. Their THAC0 is subterranean, and most of them have very nasty on-hit effects that either allow you to Save with a hefty penalty, or don't allow a Save at all.

Protect all your buffs with SI: Abjuration.

Whirlwind, Whirlwind, Whirlwind.....

On a side note, my All-Warrior party went through WK a couple of days ago, and took Demogorgon down without losing a single hitpoint. Montaron's Simulacrum used a PfMW scroll and charged in, while the rest of us (PC Archer, Korgan, Keldorn, Mazzy, Sarevok, and the real Montaron) tossed off a few Greater Whirlwinds with some of that fun, fun +3 ammo and the Dwarven Thrower. The big D only had time to summon TWO Mariliths.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:31 PM   #7
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

thanx everyone, I'll go try it out!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:40 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Just oout of curiosity,Six. Did you fought improved Demobaboon or un-improved?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:07 PM   #9
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Just oout of curiosity,Six. Did you fought improved Demobaboon or un-improved?
doesnt make a difference, really. if you get your hands on PfMW, he is pretty much toast. even better would be to have some fire resistance as well...i dont lose hit points in that battle anymore. i always send in a mage protected from magic weapons and have him stand there eating dinner while my fighters fire away with ranged weapons...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

This was Unimproved. I've only had Ascension installed for one game (and deleted it because it seemed to screw up the DIALOG.TLK file just in time for the final battle), and oddly enough, Improved Demogorgon seemed to be immune to my +3 ammo. Is this true, or did I simply miss the fact that he had PfMW up?