Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2004, 06:03 PM   #11
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Sneaking freinds into the house while nobody is home and stealing the booze! That's a bad one for a 13 year old. You don't expect something like this until they're about 16-17!

People will scoff and say "We all did stuff like that. Kids will be kids. Show me someone who didn't get in trouble like this as a kid."

I retort, "Show me one who didn't get in trouble for it!"

Selling the PS/2 is a novel idea!
Old 06-25-2004, 07:10 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

"What cork?" HAHAHAHAHA...priceless, Bungleau! Now that's a creative way to recoup losses and teach a lesson!
Old 06-25-2004, 07:43 PM   #13
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

sigh kids..

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-25-2004, 07:44 PM   #14
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

hmmmm...should i punish nathan like that? he spent bill money on a new hard drive. well he did take it back today
Old 06-25-2004, 07:45 PM   #15
Sythe
Ra

Little bugger deserved it
Old 06-25-2004, 08:03 PM   #16
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Parents still lost nearly sixty bucks...I'd say, what they hey, twelve hours at minimum wage of scrubbing the house with a tooth-brush would be pretty good for him...

Oh, and I'm eighteen, and haven't pulled that crap, Sir Kenyth...but my older sister did...

Definitly a good, modern solution. Can you all imagine if that had happened fifty years ago?

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 06-25-2004, 08:59 PM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

That is a bit young for a kid to start raiding his parent's liquor cabinet LOL. I remember doing a similar thing when I was 16, drank about a cup of Southern Comfort from my parent's bottle, then replaced it with water LOL. Since there was no Playstation back then, the only thing my parents could do to punish me is ground me. And my dad had a particular way of grounding me as well -- he'd say not a word, and like let me get ready for hours to go skating (that's all we had when I grew up and that's all everyone of us kids did, go to the skating rink, the social central of our hick town LOL). Anyways, he'd let me get ready, then I'd come out, ready for either my mom or dad to drive me there, as usual, THEN my dad would inform me I was grounded, and not going anywhere. Doh! Man that burned! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-25-2004, 11:23 PM   #18
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

that's not very good of the child... the mother did the right thing taking his PS2 away (although gaming consoles are by far precious to any gamer).
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 06-27-2004, 05:47 PM   #19
Zero Alpha

That was just evil! sure the kid did something wrong, but they are bound to at that age, his pairent should have explained to him why what he did was wrong, instead of being an a** about it and selling his most prized possesion. if you think about it in yearly income, $180 is probably not much at all to the pairent, but to the kid its maybe more than a year.

now that auction is going to cause some MAJOR friction for sure. its stuff like that that causes pairent / child hate relationships [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2004, 06:08 PM   #20
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I agree with Zero Alpha. I think they're lousy parents. It's not going to stop the kid doing it again, it's just going to increase rebellions, misunderstandings, and emnity between child and adult. Kids'll be kids, you know. They need to have fun, make memories, go through things they can tell their kids in years to come. I've never been one for curfews and ridiculous punishments, I think they're for inept parents who don't trust their children enough - and a lack of trust, respect and freedom is what makes kids do bad things in the first place.