Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2004, 05:20 PM   #11
NobleNick
Quintesson

Wolf On Fire,

Depending on how physical your party is, you can conjure Berserkers and or other high level summons, to keep the guys down at the bottom of the stairs busy; blast away with magic against the guys up top, while moving your two best tanks up the stairs.

It should go without saying, but: buff up beforehand; gang up on targets (don't have four 1-on-1 fights going, rather have two 2-on-1 and/or 3-on-1 fights going); and sling some good area effects spells to soften up the opposition. If you have a Bard, the only reason she should ever stop singing War Chant is to summon Berserkers.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 08-19-2004, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:46 PM   #12
Aerich
Lord Ao

Hey NobleNick, good to see you surface here again. I saw a lot of your informative posts when I was lurking through the old threads. Welcome back.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:19 PM   #13
Spiff
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I cleared that tower just last night actually. First time I went in I didn't know what to expect and was decimated, but the second time in I got even with them [img]smile.gif[/img]

I used a couple of buffs before going in, prot from evil 10' along with barkskin and drawn on holy might on my tanks, then started shooting chromatic orbs right when I entered.

Seemed to work pretty well. First round two archers failed their saves, second round one more failed. By then there were enough archers taken out that it was a quick battle.
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:44 PM   #14
Aerich
Lord Ao

Well done, Spiff. I had a bad experience my first time in with the archers saving against the majority of my spells, so that's why I've since elected to go with the pure damagers.

But yes, if you can manage to paralyse 3 of them in the first two rounds, that makes it go quickly.

In my experience, this is always a quick battle. You either win it quick, or they win it quick.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:31 PM   #15
NobleNick
Quintesson

Thanks for the comment, Aerich.

Left my party to stew in TotLM while I went exploring Brood Wars, Homeworld, Halo, and other games. I'm starting to get homesick for a great RPG coupled with a great forum.

I have to say that the friendliness, intelligence camaraderie, and maturity of the folks on this forum is, by and large, so far ahead of some other forums I've seen lately that they can't even see your dust.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:55 PM   #16
Aerich
Lord Ao

Thanks, NobleNick. We try. Can't take any credit for the game, o' course.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:09 AM   #17
Wolf On Fire
Dungeon Master

IWD is really what got me started on RPG games and I think it's still one of the best I've played.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:11 AM   #18
Wolf On Fire
Dungeon Master

Thanks, this forum IS the best and gives great advice. I don't think I'd be able to finish the game without you.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:27 PM   #19
Aerich
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolf On Fire:
Thanks, this forum IS the best and gives great advice. I don't think I'd be able to finish the game without you.
Aw, gee. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Just passing on the help that WE were given.

I take it that our combined strategies helped you to whale those archers into next week?
Old 08-27-2004, 11:31 PM   #20
Wolf On Fire
Dungeon Master

More like next month!