Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2004, 04:46 PM   #31
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
When did saying someone is fat become an insult?

If someone says I'm fat (I am a bit), I tell him it's for insulation, it's winter and it gets cold here, I make a joke of it, I don't take it as an insult.
If you are fat it's an fact... like the sky is blue, if people told the sky it was blue it would probably not get offended.
If people tell you are an idiot or a a..hole, insult your family or try to put you down you have every right to be offended it's questionable... but before you get offended when someone says you are fat... look in a mirror.
And if you get offended by what you see maybe you should do something about it... else just ignore the comment, if you feel good about yourself it's wonderful and there is no need to let what others think put you down, they probably have a closet full of psychological issue for themselves to sort through which is probably why they tried to insult you in the first place...
I must say that I wholeheartedly agree with wat Jorath says here. You guys are simply pushing it too far by blowing Lord of Things' comment about someone he hates up into something that's not even worth it. I mean: Cloudy, come on. Why should you point him to the rules and regulations for something small like that?
Old 01-28-2004, 05:23 PM   #32
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Dang, whats this all this baby hatred, you all were once little critters that burped up too you know [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm not proud of that! Don't remind me...
(Little critters that burp up all the time, though, sounds more like college students)

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:33 PM   #33
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I know I used to be a baby. I also know I used to scream and throw tantrums. This is why I don't like them, lol.

Illumina-er yes, the little kids on the welchs commercials annoy the bejesus outta me. All little kids annoy me [img]tongue.gif[/img]

That aside, I look forward to naming my first son Logan
Old 01-28-2004, 06:20 PM   #34
GForce

Hmm, who do I think is annoying?

- drivers who "try" to run over pedestrians when clearly WE have the right of way.
- my manager when she makes stupid, silly rules, ie "don't take food out of the party area. you must wait until the leftover are brought out to a designated table." partypooper [img]tongue.gif[/img]
- a co-worker who works across from my cubicle. she's ok now as long as I don't linger and talk to her for too long. she likes to insult people and people not near us think she's nice but really she's not.
- posters who like to insult instead of helping out with a topic question
- Dick Cheney and his silly permanent smirk
- bus riders with their cell phone talking WAY TOO LOUD with their significant other. uh thanks for letting everyone know how much you love her. good god man! get a room or your own private bus

Old 01-28-2004, 06:37 PM   #35
Sythe
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] Lord Kathen, you've got a good heart. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Can I say weather annoys me? Snowy weather? Lots of COLD snowy weather? Ugh!

We're getting both up here and it's a pain to drive in!
You hate cold weather are you CRAZY!!! (j/k) What annoys me is that whenever my mom or sisters when I open the door practically yell at me "CLOSE THE DOOR YOU'RE LETTING ALL THE COLD AIR IN!!". And it's hardly cold outside! What annoys me are when

-People who eat inpropely. Who chew with their mouth open making loud noises and such. It really gets on my nerves especially in a movie theatres.

-When babies cry! I really hate it I feel like to put duct tape on the babys mouth or something. Anything to shut up that crying!

-When I talk to someone when I keep on talking and talking and talking. If I didn't do that I'd have a lot more friends.

-The media sometimes. For example Michael Jackson. The media is giving a bad impression of him and usually people (not all) think what the media says. I know they only do that so they can get higher ratings. And has there been one show that at least defended Michael Jackson. Thats my opinion anyway. Oh and I don't think Jackson is innocent or guilty. I am not sure and I really don't care really.

And the stuff Someguy a.k.a. Coolguy said.

P.S. Welcome back Firestormalpha! Where have you been? You fell down in a hole and got stuck or something?

[ 01-28-2004, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Sythe ]
Old 01-28-2004, 06:41 PM   #36
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

I have to agree with both Slythe and Someguy, plus what I said earlier.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:41 PM   #37
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
I know I used to be a baby. I also know I used to scream and throw tantrums. This is why I don't like them, lol.

Illumina-er yes, the little kids on the welchs commercials annoy the bejesus outta me. All little kids annoy me [img]tongue.gif[/img]

That aside, I look forward to naming my first son Logan
I'm detecting some sort of irony here [img]tongue.gif[/img]

How could anyone hate cold weather, it's the best. The other day, I was sitting in my room, burning up so I shut my door and put a fan in the window. It was about 20 degrees out but I cooled down quick
Old 01-28-2004, 06:54 PM   #38
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Little ankle-biters... children are evil, evil creatures.

Oh and religous people who try to force their beliefs onto you.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:22 PM   #39
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Can we expand that to anyone who tries to force their beliefs on you? It's not just religious people... though they tend to be the worst about it.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:31 PM   #40
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

I can't *stand* board trolls. If I were to line up my least favorite groups of people, they'd be somewhere close to the front. I still visit one unmoderated board, but the trollage there is ungodly which is a shame cuz there are really a lot of good people there too. Trolls ruin things for all the decent people. I swear I hope somebody kicks me if I ever start to post on an unmoderated forum again.

I am soooo glad I found this place. Ees good board! [img]smile.gif[/img]