Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2002, 10:14 AM   #1
Unliving
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] I have lots of gems i dont know how to use them... [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img] Ex. 1. gem says it is god for the gemjump spell ? (how !) or something like that. (and gold ring`s and silver necklace`s ? = seems worthless! [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] ) plz [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] me !

[ 07-15-2002, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Unliving ]
Unliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 10:22 AM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
The Rogue Stone is used for the gemjump spell. That's just a little flavor text, if you will.. you can't use the gemjump spell. There is a side quest that requires a Rogue Stone as well.. Aside from Rogue Stones, King's Tears, Diamonds, Emeralds, and Star Sapphires (All of which are item components in ToB) you should sell your gems.. The same goes for nonmagical necklaces and rings.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 10:35 AM   #3
Unliving
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you very much for your help! Illumina. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Unliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 11:32 AM   #4
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
The Rogue Stone is used for the gemjump spell. That's just a little flavor text, if you will.. you can't use the gemjump spell. There is a side quest that requires a Rogue Stone as well.. Aside from Rogue Stones, King's Tears, Diamonds, Emeralds, and Star Sapphires (All of which are item components in ToB) you should sell your gems.. The same goes for nonmagical necklaces and rings.
It's not flavor text, Illumina, the way you get into the door in the side quest is by using the gemjump spell! (Stone glows in backpack, teleports you through the door)
Old 07-15-2002, 12:11 PM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

There is also a type of gem called Beljuril, which there excists two of in the game. Do not sell this, as it can be used to upgrade a specific item.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 12:20 PM   #6
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
There is also a type of gem called Beljuril, which there excists two of in the game. Do not sell this, as it can be used to upgrade a specific item.
Two? Hang on a sec...(counts on fingers) yeah, two. i thought there was three for some inane reason...

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 12:35 PM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Two? Hang on a sec...(counts on fingers) yeah, two. i thought there was three for some inane reason...[/QUOTE]LOL! *also counts on fingers, to make sure.* Yup, two it is.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 05:02 PM   #8
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Unless you abuse the bit of Umar Chicken cheese. (no further spoilers).
Old 07-15-2002, 06:48 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Mmmm....Umar Chicken Cheese. Serves 6, with whole-wheat rolls and fresh spring vegetables.
Old 07-15-2002, 06:56 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

HINT AND SPOILER:

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

If you have ToB or are planning to get it, save your Star Sapphires and King's Tears! They can be used to upgrade other items in ToB.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote