Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2001, 05:55 AM   #1
spoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

anyone have ANY idea when/if its getting released in Aus?

or know where i can find out? im sick of waiting

thanks

spoon
spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 05:09 PM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Spoon,

I think I can answer this one. If you live aywhere near a capital city then like me, you have an opportunity to pester a local EB store. While they promised the moon, with dates like November 23, the reality looks to be more like December 14. Coincidentally, that is the date that the exclusive EB US agreement expires. Stores here are quoting as early as Dec 6, and as late as Dec 20. The importer of the game actually looks to be a company called "Take 2" based in Sydney. On that basis, I expect that you are likely to find the game in Harvey Norman and other retail chains at mch the same time. I have the game pre-ordered through an EB store in Perth -cost $89.95, with $10 off for pre-order. That's about as much info as I have right now.
Old 11-27-2001, 08:56 PM   #3
spoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks Davros

yeah i do live in a capital city, and yes i can pester EB alot (and have so far [img]smile.gif[/img] )

last time i asked guess what the reply was? "wizardry 8???"

although it was 3 weeks ago and you cant ask the poor workers in eb to know EVERYTHING (but it would be a nice change is they knew something once and a while)

anyways december 14 is cool... closer than i thought the aus release would be

thanks again

spoon
Old 11-28-2001, 03:59 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Note at Gamesmarket.com.au says Wiz 8 being imported by Take 2 Interactive - they are supplying all Australian retailers - they will be distributing on 12/12/01 - hold up is in local printing of manual and boxes. So, if you have something closer than EB, I would go that way.
Old 11-28-2001, 04:58 AM   #5
spoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Note at Gamesmarket.com.au says Wiz 8 being imported by Take 2 Interactive - they are supplying all Australian retailers - they will be distributing on 12/12/01 - hold up is in local printing of manual and boxes. So, if you have something closer than EB, I would go that way.

something like harvey norman?

thats all i can think of now
Old 11-28-2001, 06:45 AM   #6
Aramas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Gamesmarket.com.au told me the 29.11.01 last Monday, but I didn't believe them. I'm guessing they'll ship in mid December. On the upside they charge $81.95 with free overnight delivery if preordered.
I look at it as an early christmas present [img]smile.gif[/img]
Aramas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 09:02 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Aramas - new member I see - hmm, that name's almost like the Musketeer Aramis - how did you come to pick the name dude?? Anyway, posted at Gamesmarket.com.au is the following :

Wizardry 8 is delayed! Quote from Take 2 Interactive: "The release for Wizardry 8 will be around 12/12. The slip from November is due solely to slight delays with local manufacture of manuals and boxes not any special deals. We will certainly be supplying to the whole market at the same time."

As they seem to be the sole importers (I'm taking what is said in their quote, plus the fact they are the declared suppliers for Gamesmarket, EB Australia, and Harvey Norman), I'm betting no-one is going to get it until mid Dec. By the way, 79.95 at EB if you pre-order.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:11 PM   #8
Aramas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually it's almost like the aftershave Aramis [img]smile.gif[/img] A bottle of it happened to be sitting on my desk when I made a character in BG. I used the W&W forums but I don't remember my login there.
Yes, gamesmarket now has the blurb you posted on their front page. This is the email I recieved from them on 25.11.01:
Hello John,
Thank you for your email.
At the moment the current ETA for the game is 29/11 (which is the end of this month).
Please let us know if we can assist you further.
Regards,
---
Customer Service
GamesMarket.com.au

Considering that everyone else was saying somewhere between the 9th and 16th of December (even in Canada), I didn't believe a word of it.
Aramas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 05:08 AM   #9
Knip Dyolf
The Magister

Hi, Im only new to the forum so please take that into account. I went to the local EB store (Mt Druitt) in Sydney and was told that the 14th of December is the date for the release. Oh Joy!....I put my $10 deposit down and the final cost will be $79.95 all up. My worst fears are now gone...I was worried that Wizardy 8 was never coming down under. There is one saving grace....I will be able to breeze through the lower level of the monestry as I have replayed the demo over and over. This game has brought a tear to the eyes of a very old RPGer. And to see the amount of feedback in the forum for this style of game has reinforced my opinion that first person, turn based (phased based) style of RPG game has a vast following. Great to see..... "What was that! oh its just my daughter... caught her finger in the door...hang on honey...just have to kill a couple of slimes first"
\"Listen, strange women lyin\' in ponds distributin\' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. \"<br />Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Knip Dyolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 08:03 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Welcome Knip Dyolf, to the "Aussies hanging out for the release of Wiz 8" Club. A New South Welshman eh - well us QLDers won't hold that against you. Did your daughter manage to free her finger, or did you have to do a field amputation with a +2 Demonsword . Looks like we will have a good sized group to compare notes with - all our US friends are likley to be finished by then.