Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 01:48 AM   #1
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

The chicken asked me to help him and I brought him to H.H. I tried talking to him; but, he acted like an idiot, so I killed him. The chicken disapeared and all that cool stuff he had for sale was nowhere to be found. I didn't mind killing him if I could still get all that stuff. How do I properly complete this quest? Is there a way to kill him AND get all those cool potions and scrolls?

Chickenless and unhappy.
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 02:43 AM   #2
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Huh?
Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Don't kill the chicken. Bring him to the mage at the High Hedge, then get a skull from one of the skeletons outside. Save the game and talk to the mage again. Very often the chicken dies - reload in that case, but sometimes the chicken gets changed into a boy. Then you can buy the wizards cool stuff as often as you want.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 05:54 AM   #3
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Huh?
Then you can buy the wizards cool stuff as often as you want.

You can do that anyway? But he is nice to you and saids "don't you have a dungeon to storm somewhere?"

------------------
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 09:17 AM   #4
Kaz

Well, the way I understood this, before you return Melicamp (the chicken) to him you can only buy his stuff once(the second time you talk to him he won't sell you anything). After you do so, you can buy his stuff like in a normal shop: as often as you want. I'm not sure what happens if Melicamp dies while being transformed, I always reloaded.

------------------

Kazara

Old 09-12-2001, 09:44 PM   #5
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

Sorry about this; but, I'm still unsure exactly what to do. I'm standing in front of the mage with the chicken in my pocket, what next?

------------------
Baruk Khazad! Khazad Aimenu! The axes of the dwarves! The dwarves are upon you!
Old 09-13-2001, 05:50 AM   #6
Kaz

You save (one gets used to doing that very often) then talk to the wizard. Be polite but be persistent. He'll spend a lot of the time screaming at his transformed apprentice. Then he'll ask you if you can help him reverse the process (I think). You say sure. You go get a skull from outside (he needs one). Now, SAVE - THIS IS IMPORTANT! Talk to the wizard. He'll attempt to restore Melicamp to his true form, but often Melicamp explodes instead. In that case, reload and try again.
I'm not sure but I think thats about what to do.

------------------

Kazara

Old 09-13-2001, 06:25 AM   #7
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

I did it; but Melicamp died. If I reload and he lives, will I get any XP or rep. increase? If not, no biggie, 'cause you get some great stuff from those two gnolls outside when you go get the scull. You can't get that stuff or even see a door unless you find Melicamp and attempt this quest.
Old 09-13-2001, 07:27 AM   #8
Kaz

I think you get more XP and rep if Melicamp survives, so...

------------------

Kazara

Old 09-14-2001, 04:52 AM   #9
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

I got him to live; but, when I went outside this time to get the scull, the gnolls that attacked me didn't have the wand of fire. Freagin' lousy trade off. Next time the chicken dies! That wand is killer! Thanks for all the help.