Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 08:03 AM   #11
Gaelic
Elminster

The people who do that board have way too much time on their hands, LOL!

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-04-2001, 08:42 AM   #12
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Now that was hilarious and im only up to page 45. Had to add it to favourites to finish it later.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2001, 11:39 AM   #13
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

bump

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-04-2001, 11:54 AM   #14
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

That man has so much love ... Nice, and yes, some people have ENTIRELY too much time on their hands.

BK
Old 06-04-2001, 11:58 AM   #15
Melusine
Dracolisk

?????

Is it just me??
I don't think this is funny at all...
Just looks like some sick f*ck making other people looks ridiculous just because he himself is such a loser... what am I missing?
OK, some of the photos are funny, but personally a comment like "He is a horrible monster and I pray for his death." next to a pic of a perfectly ordinary person gives me the chills.
And what's with all the stuff about gay people?? Here in Holland that is considered racist. I can see that it's meant to be humourous, but I can't for the live of me see what's so funny about this...oh well...maybe it's just me...
Oh I just noticed you can send your pictures in...well well well, lovely! So they actually want to be abused like that? Unbelievable.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-04-2001, 12:05 PM   #16
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

What when did gay people form their own race? Ill let you slide since its not your first language yeah he does strike me as a bitter old man but their the ones that are honest in how they feel and their funny too!
Old 06-04-2001, 12:10 PM   #17
Melusine
Dracolisk

racist in Holland stands for anything that is derogatory to people of a different skin colour, gender, religion or lifestyle. That is why my use of the word is correct.
After all, just because two people are black doesn't mean they are from the same *race*, one could be a bushman and the other Ethiopian. Therefore the term racist should be taken in a broader perspective.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-04-2001, 12:23 PM   #18
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

im sorry guys, but im with melusine in this... its so... pathetic?

hmm, maybe he has an ambition, to be the most hated MF in tha world!

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM ...wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-04-2001, 12:25 PM   #19
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Well I think you should send him a email telling him this.....along with a picture so he can tell you how he feels
Old 06-04-2001, 12:37 PM   #20
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Melusine,

I, too, found some of the comments on the pictures "derogatory". As someone who is overweight (not much, but then neither were some of the ones he picked on in there), I would take umbrage against some of his comments. The ones with the cats were hilarious, and there were some side-splitting ones in there.

There seems to be a tradition in this country about people getting a kick out of being "insulted." We have restaurants in Dallas where you go there so the waiters can insult you and it's supposed to be funny. At our renaissance faires, there's usually a jester or a ratcatcher or some character like that that goes around giving people "free insults." It's all supposed to be very clever, and you wouldn't believe the people who flock after these guys, begging to be insulted.

That's sort of what I think this site is like. The cruel comments I could do without...the ones about "I'm going to kill this person, this person needs to die"...that really sucks. Some of the other comments, however, are very close to what many people actually think when they see these pics smeared all over Internet web pages, but dare to utter.

I agree with Gaelic, this person has waaaay too much time on his hands. I also do not for one minute think it's an "old person" or a psychotic Vietnam war vet...I think it's some young punk kids getting a kick out of dissing people on a webpage and using an older person as a "nom-de-plume".

However, I did get a pretty big chuckle out of a lot of the comments. Like I said, the cat ones were hilarious.

P.S. You do realize, of course, that a good fifth of the people he's dissing in there, he's downing Dungeons & Dragons and computer games? Just a thought.

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 06-04-2001).]