Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2002, 04:28 PM   #11
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

The name I use at IW, Garnet FalconDance ........well.......(fable will better understand this)

Garnet is my favorite gemstone as well as standing for love and compassion. It is the stone(s) that hubby used for my wedding present, a handmade (by him) 'slave' bracelet and ring of garnets and sterling silver.

Falcon is one of my spirit/guardian animals.

Dance comes from the abbreviated 'firedancer' which is a magical moniker I used in ritual and pagan circles for several years.

Falcon + dance together became a beautiful mental image of the raptor's flight..

Thus Garnet FalconDance even though she is not a character I play anywhere except here--she *is* very much a real part of me, though.
Old 01-27-2002, 04:46 PM   #12
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Mine springs from my perverse streak. Let me explain. The first PC game I got into in any real depth was Diablo. Needing the opinions of others I looked at the Blizzard Forum and saw it was full of names like "Skullsplitter", "Tharg the Orc Killer" and "Lord Gawayne the Questing Paladin". I immediately formed a deep suspicion that these people were a strange sub-set of humanity. Horrible mental images of pimply computer geeks permanantly glued to their VDUs sprang into my mind......My God I thought - I'm about to join these mutants!!!! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

So as a defense mechanism and to distinguish myself from the obsessives, I decided to call myself something completely antithetical to the stereotypical forum names......hence

Mouse

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)