Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2004, 05:17 AM   #11
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
I'm not going to watch it.
I love maddox [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2004, 06:04 PM   #12
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I also have never read the book but enjoyed the movie. I asked a friend how loosely it was adapted and they said there were the 3 laws and that was about it. There was no Will Smith character, no USR company, none of the termintator / matrix style plot. Still - it was a good watch.

Favourite part - the robot punching through the windscreen and telling Will "You are experiencing a traffic accident" in that lovely droll monotone .

Least favourite part - WTF was with putting a fly-past in all of a sudden after the robots were beaten. My stomach heaved at the sudden lurch towards the over the top schmaltz of Independence Day and I trepiditiously awaited expecting it to be revealed that Will was the President or something. The fly-past did not fit - it jarred badly.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:22 PM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

"Karen's fine! Save me!"

I might have gotten her name wrong.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 12:19 AM   #14
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Enjoyed it A LOT. Funny as hell too

I thought the plot was great. Althought that left arm of his, I already knew from the start... It was obvious! Well that's just me.

Am not into that futuristic aspect of movies but I enjoyed this really. Some of my favorite parts have been mentioned, and the one thing I also like was when Spoon was investigating the robot.

"You're not human, you cannot paint art on a canvass, or write symphonies, etcetc"

"Oh... so you can draw art and write symphonies?"

*And Spoon just thinks for a second and changes the subject* hahahaha
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 06:08 PM   #15
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by uss:
I'm not going to watch it.
I love maddox [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]I'm totally disgusted by this guy. That fake picture he showed of Will Smith taking a piss on Asimov's grave was totally disgusting.

Oh and I thought the movie was pretty good, even though I didn't think 2035 was a realistic setting for this movie.

[ 07-31-2004, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Gab ]
Old 07-31-2004, 06:51 PM   #16
ScottG
Drow Warrior

If you start taking-a-part the movie then if fails horribly. -think about it, couldn't the "builder", with all his intellect, have thought of way to overcome the problem? (and yup - 2035? puuuuleeeeeeseee more like 2135.)

still, if you don't look that deep it IS an enjoyable movie. More or less a cheery vacuous Minority Report. And after having seen Bourne Supremecy - it was downright pleasing! (I'd like to take the director and cinemetographer for Bourne Supremecy out in a field and.......)
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 07:31 PM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Maddox is fun for a laugh, but I wouldn't let him influence my final decision on anything. If you want to take the advice of partially-funny spoiled brats who post angry whimsical advice online that plays to your more debased feelings, then by all means -- just read my posts in CE. You don't have to go all the way over to Maddox-land to read a bunch of whimsical angry BS.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:23 PM   #18
Epona
Zartan

It sucked.
Bore no relation to the book (fine make a movie with robots but it annoys me the way they try to ride on the success of a classic novel if the movie is so different), the 'product placement' was obtrusive (movies are just becoming vehicles to sell products and merchandising), and it was just yet another 'Will Smith saves the world (again)' movie.

Very disappointing.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:14 PM   #19
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Maddox is fun for a laugh, but I wouldn't let him influence my final decision on anything. If you want to take the advice of partially-funny spoiled brats who post angry whimsical advice online that plays to your more debased feelings, then by all means -- just read my posts in CE. You don't have to go all the way over to Maddox-land to read a bunch of whimsical angry BS.
I'm not influenced by him. I posted the article to show my opinion(which is quite similar to Maddox's).

Also, while Maddox writes very offensively just to make people spite him, some of his articles have a good point. The article I posted is one of them. Yes, they did a movie that has practically nothing in common with the book(except for the title and the 3 robot rules.. which were broken anyway, heh), and yes, Will Smith is a sellout for starring in this movie.

This movie quite obviously isn't a tribute to the book - I'm sure that fans of the book won't be pleased when they go to the cinema and hear Will Smith say "Oh, excuse me, I'm allergic to BS."

I'm not going to watch this movie.

[ 08-02-2004, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: uss ]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:50 PM   #20
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i think it was just a good movie. not so good that will astound your or bad that will bore you. its a movie you can watch when you have the time for it. next on my list if chronicles of riddick. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote