Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2002, 09:23 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The original post is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=010361

and the last page of the post is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...0;t=010361;p=9

Have fun, and keep it nice, ok?

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 08-22-2002, 01:53 PM   #2
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

It wasn't a Belgium operation. It was a NATO operation that brought NATO AWACS planes to patrol the eastern coast of the US. Last time I checked we were still in NATO. We are very glad they did too. While we are the only Super Power, why shouldn't we use all the help offered by other nations. We welcome anyones aid that is welling to send it. I seem to recall that someone brought up that Doctors and medical supplies were offered too and that we wouldn't allow them in. In that instance we had plenty of resourses on the scene and we had also stopped all flights over the US mainland. It was quite obvious to me at least that when the two towers came down, there wasn't going to be a lot of survivors. I think if you go back to the days following September 11th, President Bush Publicily thanked all those countries that came to our aid. He also extended our condolenses to countries that lost their own citizens in the World Trade Center.

As far as China becoming a world power, let them. I have no problem with that. China is a great nation. But don't forget that China is open to critizism as well. I think it was in 1978 or 9 that China started a little Border war with Vietnam and ended up getting their butts kicked. Not a very friendly act. And also don't forget Teinaman Square (sp). That was a very bad scene.

I'd also welcome a stronger EU, though I'll be surprised if it doesn't take a long time. Bringing all the countries of Europe together with all their different cultures is going to be a huge task.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:39 PM   #3
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Its Iraq not Irak [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-22-2002, 02:47 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Uh, uss? I guess you never heard the one about throwing stones if you live in a glass house?

Your posts have spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax mistakes too. We haven't cast you on the coals for that yet have we? LOL

Oh and the Estonian president doesn't speak perfect English which is not his native language...uh and we should dislike a world leader for that? *checks her Estonian and finds she hasn't got a word of Estonian in her vocabulary*
Old 08-22-2002, 02:55 PM   #5
Moni

Well, I don't expect people whose first language isn't English to know how we spell it all and position it all in sentences. You have to remember ours is the hardest language in the world to learn if you are not raised speaking it and uss makes a point...Americans over the age of 16 should know how to spell. Not everyone is familiar with ain't and 'cause and whatnot so some of us probably come across as pretty strange to those unfamiliar with our slang too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Language shouldn't be an argument (unless you are spelling Britain or British for Donut's sake lol)

[ 08-22-2002, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 08-22-2002, 03:18 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Sorry, but i am not very fond of Americans.

And another thing is that Americans arent very good at speaking English. I really dont understand why, but ive seen many adult Americans speaking incorrectly, even in their own language.
(Morgan_C, its "Congratulate", not "Congradulate" [img]smile.gif[/img] )
And after all the PnP advice I've given you uss. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

I'm Krushed. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

(BTW - a misspelled word in written text isn't the same as speaking incorrectly - it's called a "typo". Many people cannot type nearly as well as they speak...and some simply make mistakes because they are in a hurry).
Old 08-22-2002, 03:30 PM   #7
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
quote:

And another thing is that Americans arent very good at speaking English. I really dont understand why, but ive seen many adult Americans speaking incorrectly, even in their own language.
And after all the PnP advice I've given you uss. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

I'm Krushed. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

(BTW - a misspelled word in written text isn't the same as speaking incorrectly - it's called a "typo". Many people cannot type nearly as well as they speak...and some simply make mistakes because they are in a hurry).
[/QUOTE]LOL, nice reply Cerek [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-22-2002, 05:36 PM   #8
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Moni; I don't think English is the hardest language to learn. I've been learning a couple of languages and I remember English as the easiest one to learn. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Iron_Ranger; I think he spells Irak because that's Iraq in Estonian. It's the same in Slovene - we call it Irak. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2002, 06:33 PM   #9
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
Moni; I don't think English is the hardest language to learn. I've been learning a couple of languages and I remember English as the easiest one to learn. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Iron_Ranger; I think he spells Irak because that's Iraq in Estonian. It's the same in Slovene - we call it Irak. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
English being easy to learn must be a well-that's-you (lol) or a your-region-of-the-world-thing. I've knwn people whose native language was Spanish and French who got all mixed up when learning English because of the non-existence of masculine and feminine versions of everything, not to mention that it made their faces hurt if they spoke it too long LOL.
Come to think of it though, I have a friend from Bosnia who says she learned it rather quickly (and speaks it very well) (but then she is a Math/Computer Science major too and everything comes easy to her lol). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2002, 06:35 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
One of the reasons why i dont like it is George Bush. He is the second most idiotic president i know(The first one is, sadly, Estonias current president Arnold Rüütel - A senile old man who cant even speak English!)! He wants to destroy Irak because it is, as he cofirms, 'evil', and is sticking to his statement until someone proves otherwise. Destroying Irak would do very little against terrorist.
I can't believe you just said that !