Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2001, 09:09 PM   #61
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: G'night

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 11-01-2001, 09:16 PM   #62
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Ack, time is flowing too fast at my side... just hope Sephi and Larry come on soon... I can't post until they're here

Deiter - why don't you drag Spree along somewhere? )
Old 11-01-2001, 09:21 PM   #63
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
(ooc: Deiter - why don't you drag Spree along somewhere? )
ooc: Can't now, I gotta go to bed. Arg....and maybe get some last minuet study time for my big german test tomorrow. Wish me luck

G'night guys

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."

[This message has been edited by Deiter Leafblade (edited 11-01-2001).]
Old 11-01-2001, 09:27 PM   #64
mistral4543

(ooc: G'night, Deiter... sweet dreams and may u do superbly for your test )
Old 11-01-2001, 10:49 PM   #65
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OK...I am here...where is Sephi???

Mistral...you had me scared that I had a real rival for your love!
I was trying to think of ways to out-do him without killing him!

Karen (my wife) is writing a term paper at the moment, and will need the PC soon to type it all up. When she is ready for that, I may be off from 10 minutes to 2 hours...depending on her need to edit word-count.

Larry finished wiping all the gore off of his suit, then proceeded to ensure that Sephi was alright. He found him engaged in heavy combat with several enemies.

"I wonder why these guys want him dead"? Larry wondered as he chose a new target to hit. Not being a frequent user of the stealth ability alloted him in his profession, he decided now was a fun time to practice it. After successfully engaging the Hide in Shadows ability, Larry walks up to the man that was on the outter perimeter of the gang engaged in melee with Sephi. Reaching out, Larry flicked the ear of the guy. The startled man jumped in surprise and turned around to see what was going on. What he saw was a man appearing from the shadows with blue death heading in his immediate direction. There simply had been no time to understand what had happened, nor to block any attack. Now the poor gent.'s head was rolling on the ground to stop at the boot of another. This man turned around to see what had hit him, and actually screamed in fright. His best friend's head was on the ground. Turning every direction to find the attacker proved unfruitful. There was nobody there. Calling out to another man near him, they both proceeded to creep into the darkness and find this new threat from the blackness.

ooc...don't they always...hehe

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 11-01-2001).]
Old 11-01-2001, 10:55 PM   #66
mistral4543

"Isabeau, my darling, this time you must be extremely careful." ~ She turns her remorseful eyes to her familiar ~ "Forgive me for asking you to do this dirty task…I…I have no courage to do it myself." ~ She hangs her head guiltily ~ In answer, the hawk flaps her wings twice and shrieks once before lifting her right leg patiently. Mistral gasps in amazement and plants a kiss on Isabeau's cheek ~ "You're such a sport, Isabeau! I… I'm so fortunate to have you…" ~ She hugs her familiar closely, smiling as their cheeks rub together.

Gradually, she remembers the task at hand and her fingers fumble as she attaches the note to the upraised leg. ~ "Now, remember, keep out of any danger and just deliver it to Larry. If he does not respond within the hour, come back to me immediately. No detours or spying. Is that clear?" ~ Shrieking loudly, the hawk again flaps her wings twice and takes off from the table. Flitting out of the window, she soars into the sky and disappears from her mistress' view within fifteen seconds.

[Note to Larry

Dear Larry,

I send you this letter in the knowledge that I would die in shame before you. My behaviour has been abominable and erratic, and I beg for your forgiveness. Yet I know there will always be more of these trials ahead for me…

I haven't much experience in handling my emotions, Larry. Certainly not in the way I feel for you. I have no confidence in myself, and I tremble in fear lest I inflict more pain on you each day with a million tiny words and actions of my own. If this does not eventually erode how we feel about each other, some miracle must surely be at work.

You deserve someone so much better. Perhaps you should consider Kaz... I can think of no person better than yourself for my dearest sister, and I am sure she will make a delightful wife. Her frailty needs your strength, and your temperaments are even; your chances of a happy life together are far, far higher.

And so, Larry, I ask you to reconsider your pledge to me. Do it now, while I can still accept your decision with ease. I suspect I have written more than I should; I shall end here and hope to receive your answer within the day.

May Mystra rain showers of blessings on you, Larry. You deserve every drop of them.

Mistral Freelight
]

Old 11-01-2001, 11:09 PM   #67
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

sorry, i was asleep for a few hours!

Sephi and the veteran began to battle relentlessly. A flurry of spear jabs and sword slashes was a blur in the air, and the groans created by the two battling men were like horribly off-key music. Sephi's sword veered in towards the veteran's head, but he quickly got his spear up to catch it. He pushed back forcefully, knocking Sephi off balance and preparing for the killing blow. As he came in for the final jab to the ribs though, Sephi recovered and rolled forward, coming up behind the man. Even though he quickly turned, Sephi still got a nasty hit in on the man's left arm before being knocked aside by the staff of the spear. He went rolling, finally coming up in a crouch trying to settle his head. The guard drank a potion, and the gash on his left arm began to seal itself up. Sephi remembered something now, a potion he had picked up in Calimshan. Reaching down to his belt, he pulled out a white bottle labeled 'Only use when time is short'. He quickly downed the Potion of Haste and rushed forward, moving twice as fast as before. Now the veteran could barely even register his movements, much less block them. Unfortunately his good armor blocked most of the attacks, making Sephi even angrier. Finally, out of immense frustration, he sought out the place he had cut before. Aiming for that gap in the armor, he stuck his sword through, completely severing his left arm. Now he was helpless, and just waiting for Sephi to finish him off. Not hesitating for a second, Sephi ran his sword up the man's arm and deep into his torso, shocking him badly and finally ending his life.
Sephi decided to search his body, and what he found amazed him: A hand crossbow and twenty quarrels. What would a spearman be doing with this weapon? he wondered as he stuck them into a pouch. It didn't matter, though, and he may need these one day, he knew.
Old 11-01-2001, 11:25 PM   #68
mistral4543

"Where has Isabeau gone to, this time? " ~ The voice behind startles her and she turns around to see a grinning Fabian ~ "I see that you've not taken my advice to get some rest." ~ Reaching out to hold her wrist, he gazes at her face and whispers ~ "You have the most beautiful brown eyes, Mistral. Did anyone ever tell you that?"

Caught unawares, she stares at him and hurriedly retrieves her hand, but not without a blush. ~ "You're making fun of me, Fabian, and I'll not have it in my home." ~ Her heartbeat increasing slightly, she presses her hands against the table and attempts to stand up. ~

"You seem to be afraid of me, Mistral." ~ His tone changes into a serious one, as he places his hand firmly but gently on her shoulder. ~ "I won't bit you, you know… I want to protect you and take care of you. Please… let me know now… do I have no chance of succeeding? " ~

Forced to sit by the table again, she looks into his ice blue eyes, tender with feeling. ~ "Are you drunk, Fabian?" ~ Her teasing tone comes out awkwardly, and he shakes his head sadly.

"I wish that were so… I have never forgotten the experience of holding you in my arms, when you sprained your ankle back in the woods of days long ago." ~ Noticing the flush in her cheeks, he smiles hopefully and continues ~ "Give me a chance, Mistral. Do not deny me of a fair opportunity. You have a whole life ahead of you, and should forget your unhappiness as soon as possible… I hope to be the one to help you do so."

Perhaps he is right… he could help me forget Larry… ~ She blinks her eyes ~ …and Larry will never have to worry about me again… ~ Her body trembles ~ …I must break away from Larry as soon as I can… ~ She clenches her fists. ~

Looking up at Fabian's intense gaze, she lowers her eyelashes without a word, sensing his ecstacy.

"You won't regret it, Mistral." ~ His voice trembles ~ "I'll win your heart properly; you're not a prey to me. " ~ Overcome by his emotions, he lets go of her and walks towards the door. ~ "Thank you, Mistral. You've given me life again." ~ With that, he leaves the room.

She walks to the window and gazes outside.

(ooc: Sephi, pls feel free to continue posting. Lots of time must pass here...)

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 11-01-2001).]
Old 11-01-2001, 11:38 PM   #69
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

After finishing off those two foolish men in the darkness...Larry begins to head toward Sephi again, hoping he is still standing. Before he got far, Isabeau comes from the sky, perching upon Larry's shoulder. She carried a note, and Larry eagerly consumed the words...

After reading the words, he blinked his emotions away for a moment, tunred to see that Sephi had just finished his fun, and was heading in his direction. Waving for him to give him a minute...Larry ran into the house, found the ink and parchment of Mistral's beside her bed, and began scribbling a note of his own. It read:

Note to Mistral:

I received your words in great anguish. How can one man who is imperfect, expect the woman he cares for to be perfect? For me to hold whatever things against you that were not real threats but merely perceived as such by you and not me…then I would be the fool.
Yet that is not the whole story, is it? You say you have written more than you should, yet you have not told me everything that you feel. Isabeau is a great and loyal servant and friend of yours...but I am a ranger...and Isabeau likes me as well, for some reason...I do not know...
She tells me that you are being held against your will by a man named...Fabian? That he intends to force his will upon you. She has bid me come to your aid, speedily, and I have agreed with her.
I wonder who you really love, though. Should I listen to the squawkings of a bird and miss the point that maybe you do not want to be rescued? Maybe you enjoy the company and luxuries Fabian provides...thus have asked me to take the hand of another. Am I off mark? Am I delusional?
I will soon find out. I am out to prove to you once and for all that there can be no other in my life. I shall challenge this man...Fabian...for your hand in marriage. He will yield to my request or I shall die a lonely man at the business end of his sword.
Either way will suffice, for if I cannot have you for myself, then death is much more peaceful than knowing that you are within the arms of another.
I am Larry. And I come swiftly to your side.

ooc...I wrote this...before your last post...just thought you otta know.
Old 11-01-2001, 11:39 PM   #70
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Karen needs the PC now...I hope I get back soon.
Please don't do anything drastic!