Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2003, 11:22 PM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

Hey one of the most fun games ever. "full throttle" by lucas arts is about to be reborn. Any one else remember playing the motorcycle gang leader of the polecats? Gee Ben was dumb but fun. It was a game that welded my two fave hobbies Bikes and RPGs [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

"Me personally, I can't wait for Full Throttle: Hell On Wheels. From all accounts it seems there'll be no shortage of would be rednecks on the wrong side of one of Ben's knuckle sandwiches. I have many fond memories of late nights with Ben and the Polecats (and that mongrel junkyard dog)."

from comp games australia

Anobody out there played the original or know more about the new release?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:53 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Three words.

Old Mine Road.

Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:39 AM   #3
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Full Throttle: Hell on Wheels has been canned!

Check here.

What a shame. I really enjoyed the original.
GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:36 PM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Full Throttle: Hell on Wheels has been canned!

Check here.

What a shame. I really enjoyed the original.
Ohh noooo Damn and blast. Hopefully they will change there mind.

Old 11-02-2003, 07:38 PM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Three words.

Old Mine Road.

I got stuck on that old mine road for ever Good memories Dundee

Old 11-02-2003, 08:34 PM   #6
Sythe
Ra

Oh that old game. The game with the horrible graphics! The one with the sprites and with a lotta puzzles! I love that GAME! I first played the demo and I were a leel boy around six or so. Bought the game almost a year ago beaten it and liked it ^^. Makes me want to play the game again.

It's sad it's canceled the second.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:21 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Those were the days--when Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis, The Dig, and Full Throttle.. but now, Lucasarts SUCKS. the last 2 Indiana Jones games they made were horrible. they used the 'cool 3D' perspective which ruined it..

I loved when it was an adventure game, and they used the SCUMM engine (as in the Monkey Island series) but now, Lucasarts is dead.

They probably canned this second Full Throttle because they finally realized they suck, and there is no point. lol.. I am bitter with them.. sad too. We need more adventure games .

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 07:32 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... they did make Grim Fandango. [img]smile.gif[/img] I would rate that Adventure Game as the best Adventure Game I ever had the pleasure of playing.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 02:04 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Well... they did make Grim Fandango. [img]smile.gif[/img] I would rate that Adventure Game as the best Adventure Game I ever had the pleasure of playing.
I loved Grim Fandango too! And Sam and Max.. those were the good old days.. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think all the designers that were good have left Lucas Arts.. The last Monkey Island release wasn't as good as the others.. and the current Indy game is a joke. They just copied Tomb Raider. yey..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 03:43 AM   #10
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, Full Throttle 2 may be cancelled, but at least Sam and Max 2 is still on the way! Yeeeeee Hah! Sam and Max is one of my top 5 games of all time, no kiddin'!

Also, brace yourself for Broken Sword 3 which is set to be one hell of rockin' adventure game!

Additionally, let's not forget the recently-released-in-English Runaway, which I just completed a couple of nights ago. I have to say that it definately gets a thumbs up as far as adventure games go.

'Adventure' is my favourite computer games genre, I even prefer Adventure Games to RPGs (and that says ALOT! How many hours have I wasted playing the numerous Black Isle masterpieces? Alot! )! And so I am glad to profess that the adventure genre is far from dead my friends. Developers do still care about providing engaging storylines and gameplay that makes you think. There is light at the end of the mindless, 3D, action, FPS tunnel.

[ 11-04-2003, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]