Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 11:27 PM   #61
Chao
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"Hey, I'm (insert name)." Insert handshake and smile. "What's your name?"

"What year are you?" (high school student question)

Insert situationally based question. "This line is f***ing long, but I got no friends up there today." (not a question, i know, but it works well enough)

"You're a pretty girl." Always a good thing to insert when at a loss for things to say.

"What sport do you play?" Insert conversation regarding the sport they play.

Vary your game plan, keep 'em guessing. If you always play the same tricks, they'll catch on.

[ 11-11-2004, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Chao ]
Old 11-11-2004, 02:29 AM   #62
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Saw her hanging around with a guy in another one of my classes, made friends with the guy, made friends with his friends, including her.

We've been a couple since monday.
Something you want to tell us? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-11-2004, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 11-11-2004, 05:21 AM   #63
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I was shock to see that I already replied to this thread. I don't remember ever posting here. Then I saw the date...d'oh!
Old 11-11-2004, 08:05 AM   #64
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Even the best of us ressurect an old thread once in a while, a wise mod told me that!
My first post was ressurecting the trogdor thread.
ahh those were the days
then someone called me a thread neromancer and i got confused but lennoncook explained what a necromancer was, and it was good.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:10 AM   #65
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Sorry Spirits, that post made no sense to me whatsoever...
okay, some...several post back, a person ( too lazy to go check) acted smart and went and searched for the definition of "blagh" , when i actually meant i'd say my name there, but noo, he/she went on describing it, and well in my point of view made a fool out of him/herself, since everyone knew what i meant before this thread was brought back...so i just thought i'd clear that up for him/her

EDIT: AND THat Lucky smart *Ahem*wannabe*ahem* happens to be USS..

j/k by the way, don't take it too offensivly ^^
[/QUOTE]My brain capacity will never match yours!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:54 AM   #66
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by DrowArchmage:
i usually whistle at her and when she turns around i smile an say "How you doin?" And it works! haahaha
Such a timely reply to 'Ratio's post! I've never seen such apt Thread Necromancy.

I find that if you pee on their shoes first thing, it may lessen your chances with them, but if you do succeed, at least you've marked your spot. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

[ 11-11-2004, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 11-11-2004, 09:57 AM   #67
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
My brain capacity will never match yours!
ROFL! LOL! ROFLMAO even!
Old 11-11-2004, 10:00 AM   #68
Epona
Zartan

Blimey, I got a shock seeing I'd posted on this thread.

And that the post wasn't about how I got together with my current boyfriend!

Well the bloke I mentioned before didn't last so I guess I now have a different story to add [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'd talked to him on a bulletin board and met him a couple of times at parties - incidentally I thought he was a complete a$$hole the first time I met him and I was really drunk and didn't give a good impression either [img]redface.gif[/img] - so the first few times we met we kinda gave each other disapproving looks and snarled at each other a bit.

It seemed to do the trick

When we actually got it together it was when a group of us had gone back to his place after being in the pub - the others had gone home and I lived over the other side of town - he asked me if I wanted to spend the night on the sofa or in bed with him [img]redface.gif[/img] I chose the latter and moved in with him a couple of weeks later!

So there's your answer - act like an a$$hole, glare at him/her, then invite him/her to sleep with you - guaranteed success every time
Old 11-11-2004, 10:13 AM   #69
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Shy, shy, shy and shy. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Though I guess I'm ever so slowly becoming more confident...but I don't think I could aska girl straight out. I'd melt into the floor, or at least feel that way. Looooow self-esteem...
Old 11-11-2004, 10:21 AM   #70
Link
Jack Burton

I really can't remember what line I used on my girlfriend. Maybe I never even said anything, but just motioned her to come sit next to me and put an arm around her. Things tend to go on automatic from there

Goal: Beijing 2008