Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2002, 04:03 AM   #41
Vampire

quote:
Originally posted by 250:
invent weapon to combat meteor??? hey!! that is SUCH a good idea, you know? how about invent some missle with the power to take out meteor size of ... say, earth?

Melons work fine. Yep, 99p at Tescos. They make a nice squishy sound on impact and cause a resonance frequency shockwave to shatter the asteroid.
I've been using these for centuries, how do you think mars is so clean?
Old 01-11-2002, 08:20 AM   #42
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

LOL - he's got you there Saz, I'm just disappointed that I didn't spot it first.

As for inventing a weapon to combat the threat I seem to remember that the US is developing missiles which will be able to take out small to medium sized asteroids, but they will not fire them unless the US is directly threatened.

They are? Do you know the name of the project? I keep tabs on things like this (weapons programs and such...its a hobby) I must have missed this one, Id be interested in reading what they are up to [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2002, 08:50 AM   #43
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

They are? Do you know the name of the project? I keep tabs on things like this (weapons programs and such...its a hobby) I must have missed this one, Id be interested in reading what they are up to [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry MagiK I was being mischevious. There is no such project although I wouldn't be suprised if they were looking at it. The point is that no one was in the least bit suprised that the US would develop something like this and then only use it if they were threatened. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-11-2002, 09:43 AM   #44
Epona
Zartan

quote:

Sorry MagiK I was being mischevious. There is no such project although I wouldn't be suprised if they were looking at it. The point is that no one was in the least bit suprised that the US would develop something like this and then only use it if they were threatened. [img]smile.gif[/img]

What? Donut being mischevious? I find that hard to believe
Old 01-11-2002, 09:54 AM   #45
MagiK

quote:

Hehehe Well being a most vociferous PRO-USA person I could raise to the bait [img]smile.gif[/img] but I think everyone knows that the USA would use it even if not threatened directly, because if it wipes out some other part of the world, we loose the profits to be exploited from those peoples [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: MagiK ]