Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2001, 07:55 PM   #1
One-Eyed Jack

Paladins, the holy class of Baldurs Gate II... just a few questions concerning the class itself. In this thread, I would like to post tips, locales for weapons/armor, quests, and any available fighting tips for the new paladin!

Any paladins of respectable level, or with great knowledge and wisdom on the class, could you please post the following information.

-Quests
-Location of Weapons and Armor, good items for the paladin class
-Battle tips, what spells, how to fight during battles, etc
-Any paladins wishing to help other knights of the realms, feel free to post!

Old 01-05-2001, 08:07 PM   #2
Ëlrøñd the §ørçerer

I used to be a paladin, but I have become obsessed with the Sorcerer, hence the name, so, in answer to question #3

- If you are up against a strong creature without magic resistance, use the command spell to make them pass out, then just go up and attack them with all you have.

Also the armor & weapon question

Spoiler

Get the Girdle of Frost Giant Strength in the underdark at the shrine of Demigorgon.

You might want to raise some money and get full plate mail at the Adventurers mart, its 9900 I think

Get a good sword, maybe you would want this s-sword, I forget the name, its in the Umar hills, you get it from either killing the cowled wizard in the house, or doing the quest for the mimic blood( look on to find out how to finish it) where that guy is whining outside of the door just to the north of the mayor's house and the tavern/inn.

Look around on this message board to find out the location of good items.

W-through for Mimic blood quest, Travel North of the Tavern/inn until you come to a cave, I suggest saving before entering, when you are in, if you have Anomen in your party, then use his spell, "Animate Dead", or your spell if you have it. Send the skelliton warriors over to the large red chest and the mimic should come out to attack you, one of your npcs, or you, will become immoble until its duration, then some Umber Hulks will come out, use a Spell deflection spell on your party if you have it, and watch out because the Umber hulks will attack you with confusion and strong attacks. Kill the Umber hulks and the Mimic, get the Mimic Blood, head north inside the cave, then you will see three spikes in the ground, go up to it and move your mouse over it, and take all the items inside, take the mimic blood back to the cowled wizards house, you will get some xp and the s-sword. You can get another sword that is the same sword, and they sell for a good bit.

You can get some good weapons by traveling around and killing thugs, muggers etc.

- Elrond

Old 01-05-2001, 08:21 PM   #3
Jon the Hell Caster

everyone go to My rant against Rikard and read my and Holy Mage Wah's arguments --- guarented to bring a laugh!

Old 01-05-2001, 08:37 PM   #4
BLACK KNIGHT

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
1) Quests: I would suggest you do the Quest for Firkraag. Holy Avenger Sword is way cool for a Paladin. 1d12+5, +10 vs Evil (Chaotic?) plus a bunch of other cool things. Then take the Dragon Scales to the guy who makes the armor and fixes stuff (someone help me out here, I can't remember everything) and have him make armor out of it. It become a minus one armor class, plus other cool bonuses. But don't wear it around other dragons. Tends to tick them off a bit. =-)

2) Items: See the above Firkraag quest. Also, try finding a decent long bow/composite bow to use. I think that distance killing is a very required and important facet of a successful party. Pretty easier to find in markets/on villians.

Drow Armor is way cool, but goes away at the surface.
Help the guy become a Knight too. The Fighter Cleric Dude (I am having a very hard time with names tonight, so bear with me).

3) Spells: Try to get as many Heal spells and Slow Poison spells as possible. Try to save Laying of Hands for battle use only. It is quicker than a spell, and allows you to heal 20-22-24 whatever hp in a single touch.

4) Battle Fighting: Start with distance weapons (bows and slings for the party, maybe a fireball from your mage) If you have the Dragon Armor on, Don't be afraid to rush in with a fireball comeing in beside you. Very good Saving Throws with Dragon Armor. I try to get my paladin to rush the opposing mages and cast a fire ball on him. Draws the enemies to my paladin, causing them more damage, and gets me better shots with my range weapons before having to rush in to save with my fighter's melee weapons.

Try different tactics and always think of the nicest path before you do anything rash. A Fallen Paladin is no one's friend. =-)

Hopefully this will help.

H

Old 01-05-2001, 10:33 PM   #5
One-Eyed Jack

All of that is some great information, as my human beserker, i'm still in the spellhold assylum trying to escape! All my other characters havent even gotten to the Shadow Thieves quest yet. Every time I play a character they JUST DON'T SEEM to put in there monies worth. I'd like to find some good exp/item/money giving creatures. Where do you find the muggers, thugs, etc etc? Are they just a random encounter?