Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 08:49 PM   #1
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I am in the prison pits, have killed the zombie guards and head gaoler. The place looks pretty wiped out. However, I don't have the brain from the Intellect Devourer. What happened? What did I miss? I have gone back through the whole prison, main floor, containment level, etc., all escaped prisoners are dead. I keep walking around, thinking I missed something somewhere.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions, I would really appreciate some help.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:10 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you might have to start the game from scratch, unless you edit the brain in with the console (in which case you won't be able to use the character in an online "legal" game)

This has been the number one bug of this game from day one, I'm surprised Bioware haven't fixed it yet
Old 07-31-2002, 09:15 PM   #3
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

This happened to me once, and i found out that i while i was purswading one of the guards to leave, my henchman was killing the head gaoler. When the guard was leaving, the intalect devourer possessed the leaving guard, and was never heard from again, because he left with his brain!
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:51 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

For some reason this bug appears most frequently if you do the prison map LAST. I've always done the prison map first and have yet to encounter this bug. BTW, Bioware has verified the bug and is working on a fix (along with the hostile henchman problem and the fix should be out in the next v1.22 patch. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:07 PM   #5
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

What a bummer! So, can I just reload to before I entered the prison? Or do I actually have to start the whole game over? Please tell me I don't have to start completely over.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:15 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

From everything I have read at Bioware forums, the intellect devourer bug (when it occurs if you do the prison sequence last) is apparently reproducible. That likely means restoring a save from before encountering him will give you the same result. HOWEVER, i would try anyway just in case you got the bug for another reason. Trying that sure beats redoing everything.

Good Luck. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:19 PM   #7
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Thanks, I'll give it a try and see what happens.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:41 PM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

The good news is the next patch (thats available now as a Beta) will fix this. I only hope I can play the game as the last patch prevented the game from running on my pc
Old 07-31-2002, 10:57 PM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hope a re-load works LadyA, that's a bummer. I never had that bug in my game, although I did have one in another part of Chapter 1. But reloading an earlier saved game worked, although I had to do a lot to get back there which sucked. Let us know how it goes OK?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 05:34 AM   #10
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Saving your character and then going into another game (online) can work too. Then when you load up your savegame, do it as online. This will let you choose your character from the character list. Once you get your updated character, you can save the game. Quit the game Restart in single player and you are good to go. That has worked for me. If you need a copy of the devourer, I can put the game up so you can pick it up (I have all 4 because this happened to me as well. I went online and someone came into my game and let me "borrow" his copy.) First time through the game, I didn't have the problem. It wasn't until I went back 2nd time around it was an issue (I re-started cause my character wasn't setup how I wanted him - I was trying a female Ranger/Sorceror).