Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2002, 06:04 PM   #1
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Where can u find the longsword Angurvadal?
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 09:43 PM   #2
Shadow101
Dungeon Master

I cant remember where that is but I can tell you theres much better than it. You can get the cold iron blade after you complete a quest later in the game or get the superb astral blade +2 which is what I use right now. To get it you need to see a blacksmith and find out what he'll need to make it. There could be better but I've not found them
Shadow101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 02:44 AM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow101:
I cant remember where that is but I can tell you theres much better than it. You can get the cold iron blade after you complete a quest later in the game or get the superb astral blade +2 which is what I use right now. To get it you need to see a blacksmith and find out what he'll need to make it. There could be better but I've not found them
I finished the game with the astral blade +2 (it is better than the sword you are currently seeking), and had the drone morningstar +4 for those pesky monsters with damage reduction +3 or higher (good backup weapon to the astral blade, but need to be level 18 to use it). If you are still in chapter 2, go to the green griffon inn and buy the sword of the gladiator; that is a very strong weapon that will serve well until you get the astral blade.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 04:44 AM   #4
Zidane
Manshoon

Well I picked up a Gemsword from somewhere, can't remember where from and it rocks.

I am a bow person myself, but when enemies get too close, I change to my Gemsword (it glows blue), I only have to hit most things twice.

I got shadow thingies, and they went down in one.

I am on chapter 3 now, and I have got a couple of other swords tucked about my person to use just in case, but my Gemsword gets em every time.

Lady Zidane
Old 07-20-2002, 06:39 AM   #5
Shadow101
Dungeon Master

you sure? I checked in the editor and theres no long sword of that description
Old 07-20-2002, 08:11 AM   #6
Zidane
Manshoon

Gemsword

All gemswords feature a prismatic blade that is fractured throughout, but still magically retains its shape.

Tales speak of a great crystal from which these weapons can be split, but the plane-travelling souls who relate these stories are often suffering from dimentia, having lost their faculties while navigating dimensional barriers.

Base Dame: 2d6
Base Critical Threat: 19-20/x2
Base Damage Type: Slashing
Weapon Size: Large
Feats Required: Martial
Base Item: Great Sword
Weight: 15.0

Special Properties
Damage Bonus: Electrical 1d6 Damage
Enhancement Bonus: +3

There you go

Lady Zidane
Old 07-20-2002, 08:21 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

for astral blade you need a diamond and a longsword +3.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 09:23 AM   #8
Shadow101
Dungeon Master

the gemsword is a greatsword (2 handed) though and he's looking for a long sword
Old 07-20-2002, 10:54 AM   #9
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

You can get astral blade +1 in chapter 1 then upgrade to +2 in chapter 3. It's better than Angurvadel. The Gladiator blade is good too. I had 2 of them by the end of chapter three. Now I have 2 blessing of the daystar swords, found them both in chapter 4. Daystar is +3, +5 versus undead, and does 1d6 bonus fire damage against evil creatures. I never actually found Angurvadel.
Old 07-20-2002, 11:03 AM   #10
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Yes thats very nice guys but you did not answer my question. Also I dont want the sword to use it, I just want it for my collection. I have neary every other sword, but I cant Find Angurvadal. My current swords I use are 2 of the best in the game.
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote